Page 77 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisdale to MK Dons

Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    Bloody hell still canít let go,Matt Taylor our new manager gets 15 pages .

Tisdale to MK 76 pages and climbing,
    Not obsessed a wee bit?(tisdale)
    There has been about the equivalent of an entire page of posts complaining about this having too many posts. The irony.

When Tisdale and Oakley are doing interviews and repeatedly mentioning us, it's going to get attention and posts on here. Why does it bother you so much?
    Last edited by ExeterCityLad; 13 June 2018 at 11:23.

Quote Originally Posted by ExeterCityLad View Post
    There has been about the equivalent of an entire page of posts complaining about this having too many posts. The irony.

When Tisdale and Oakley are doing interviews and repeatedly mentioning us, it's going to get attention and posts on here. Why does it bother you so much?
    It doesnt "bother me so much", I'm just interested in how long Tisdale will stay in the job at MK, so this seems the logical thread to keep track. I'm not a Tisdale 'hater' as some people seem to be, I just totally disliked the amount of money he was payed while with us and the dreaded 2 year roller that he was happy to chug along with; so I suppose I'd go as far as to say that I dont like him very much, and I dont like the people still at the club who didnt mind keeping him in an unsackable job. At this point, Moxey generally used to come out with: He was sackable! I say no he wasnt, we didnt have 2 years salary to pay him off laying around! I think Tisdale will be like a fish out of water at MK, and I dont see him surviving much beyond january.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    At this point, Moxey generally used to come out with: He was sackable! I say no he wasnt, we didnt have 2 years salary to pay him off laying around!
    Well, you're wrong. We didn't need to pay him off in one single chunk, we could have continued to pay his salary on a monthly basis until the expiry of his notice period. Bluster all you like, was not - EVER - unsackable.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Well, you're wrong. We didn't need to pay him off in one single chunk, we could have continued to pay his salary on a monthly basis until the expiry of his notice period. Bluster all you like, was not - EVER - unsackable.
    I fear you may run out of brick walls to bang your head against on this issue.

Classic Exeweb argument.

Right, Pete, listen - Tisdale wasn't unsackable as technically we could have called notice on his contract and wound it down to the end (2 years) then let him go, hence he would have been sacked, hence he wasn't unsackable. Also, thanks to the recent transfers, it could be argued that we have sufficient funds to have paid him off in one go if we'd wanted to.

Moxey, listen - when you sack someone, it's often because they aren't performing and you want them out as quickly as possible so they don't continue to damage your business. With the 2 year roller, this was an impossible option for us in the past as we couldn't afford to pay £250k in a short space of time, hence why Tisdale was referred to by some as "unsackable" at the time, as we weren't able to remove him from the business quickly. Recent transfers have meant this might have been an option for us, if we'd so chosen. But until that point, Tisdale was actually sackable but not sackable immediately, which was what desired by some.

Now shake hands and forget it, or I'll have to give you both detention, in the same room.

Pile of sh*te. He could have been put on gardening leave. He leaves immediately but we pay him until his contract expires. You can shove your detention where the sun don't shine.
    Last edited by Antony Moxey; 14 June 2018 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Pile of sh*te. He could have been put on gardening leave. He leaves immediately but we pay him until his contract expires. You can shove your detention where the sun don't shine.
    I think this boils down to how literal you want to be about the word "unsackable". We could have continued to pay him while paying another manager, of course. But if he was on a big contract (as rumoured) and it was for two years, it would've been quite difficult. The financial burden of paying "250K" (not sure if this is close to the correct sum) would have made it a very difficult decision to make, whether the 250K is up front or a 2 year commitment in monthly installments. Its still 250K.

So, he wasn't unsackable, but he was very difficult to sack. I think, if we step back from an insistence of absolute literal interpretations of language, then "very difficult to sack" can be considered quite close to "unsackable". The discussion then basically boils down to use of language.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin_price View Post
    I think this boils down to how literal you want to be about the word "unsackable". We could have continued to pay him while paying another manager, of course. But if he was on a big contract (as rumoured) and it was for two years, it would've been quite difficult. The financial burden of paying "250K" (not sure if this is close to the correct sum) would have made it a very difficult decision to make, whether the 250K is up front or a 2 year commitment in monthly installments. Its still 250K.

So, he wasn't unsackable, but he was very difficult to sack. I think, if we step back from an insistence of absolute literal interpretations of language, then "very difficult to sack" can be considered quite close to "unsackable". The discussion then basically boils down to use of language.
    Exactly. £10k a week is an awful lot extra for a club like us to have to find. It still made him practically unsackable.

He's gone.

As a wise man once said in Torquay "****ing brilliant"

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian Max View Post
    He's gone.
    Thank god there's someone with their finger on the pulse.