Page 99 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 2040

Thread: Tisdale to MK Dons

  1. #981

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Quote Originally Posted by suffolklad View Post
    Although agree quite wholeheartedly David I can't help feeling totally ****ed of by those who so vehemently voice belief in City to then turn around and seemingly kick us in the teeth.
    I agree,I wonder how Julian tagg is feeling now ? I would be feeling very let down by people who claimed one thing and then did something else.

  2. #982
    Alistair20000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tuning Lionelís Organ
    Posts
    23,662

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Money talks. Nothing more to see here. Move along please.

  3. #983

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exeter, Devon
    Posts
    2,900

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Why are the two things mutually exclusive David? Along with many others, I welcome the breath of fresh air that has blown through SJP since MT took over, but it is human nature to feel disappointed in people that projected one version of themselves when the reality was different and it's not unreasonable that these feelings are being voiced...
    I don't think they're mutually exclusive, but I regret that on the eve of a matchday it's a topic that is dominating these pages. Only time and distance will tell what MK Dons have gained by signing our previous manager, and I think its probably a testament to what has been achieved within the club as a whole over the last 15 years that he should appear to want to maintain a close relationship with something that he has become familiar with. However, I hope that as a Club with a new manager we will be moving on, and certainly try to play a more positive form of football than has been on display from Exeter City sides during the last couple of seasons, and hopefully done without recourse to the kind of blind adherence to a formula that only worked intermittently. So I don't think that its "unreasonable" just wish that it wasn't being aired in the major thread on the Word on Well Street. I happen to think that looking forward is better than looking back, and though I'd concede that decisions have to be made going forward I hope that that they're not informed by what has happened in the immediate past. I look forward to seeing the first post midnight thread on the events that will be taking place tomorrow.

  4. #984
    geoffwp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Snapchat! The most effectual Snapchat.
    Posts
    8,939

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    I completely agree with David. We've moved on. Why should we be getting all upset at something that is now past history. Steve Perryman resigned and what he does now is his business. I cannot for the life of me see why some are getting so aggrieved. Do they honestly think he ought to have remained some sort of ardent city fan just because he had an interest in our club for a while? Let it go. It doesn't matter. What matters is here and now. What matters is 3 points tomorrow.

  5. #985

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Quote Originally Posted by David Treharne View Post
    Sorry, but I think it's pretty sad that on the eve of our second game of the season under our new manager that this topic should continue to be a thread that dominates these pages. Whatever is happening in roundabout City is of peripheral interest to me as a supporter of City. Whatever or previous manager may or may not be doing, and whoever he chooses to recruit is of minimum interest to me. It has seemed from day one of his recruitment to MK Dons it was inevitable that he would swaddle himself with a familiar group of acolytes and that, given the apparently limitless resources that he has been promised they would be prepared to follow. I'm rather more interested in following Matt Taylor's Exeter City than I am in re-rehearsing something that happened at the end of May.
    So because something is minimum interest to you it should never be spoken about on here? Jesus! arrogance and self-importance didn't leave when Tisdale left did it.

  6. #986
    geoffwp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Snapchat! The most effectual Snapchat.
    Posts
    8,939

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated Grecian View Post
    So because something is minimum interest to you it should never be spoken about on here? Jesus! arrogance and self-importance didn't leave when Tisdale left did it.
    I think you've chosen to read something that isn't there. The post merely gives an opinion that it's a shame to focus on something no longer important when really it's the game tomorrow that is important.

  7. #987

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    We shouldn't ignore what this move suggests about cosy dynamics existing at the top of the club. We should learn from the past, not simply brush over it.

  8. #988

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Arrogant t*ssers will always think they are bigger than the club, will reject any criticism, and will barely disguise their contempt for the fans. It's difficult to forget and forgive some of Tis' and SP's utterances during the last 2-3 years.

  9. #989
    RebornKirtonRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kirton Kennels
    Posts
    420

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Quote Originally Posted by WXF View Post
    We shouldn't ignore what this move suggests about cosy dynamics existing at the top of the club. We should learn from the past, not simply brush over it.
    Unfortunately this PT to MK episode is rather like an old unsolved murder mystery that needs to be solved before there can be any closure, the chronological order of events , actions and statements made by previous management should NOT be glossed over just because it's still uncomfortable for (still) rose-tinters to handle....

    ....you wake up every morning next to your missus who tells you she loves you yet all the time she's thinking of her half of the house, the next new car and holiday you're going to buy her whilst she courts other suitors looking for greener pastures and a higher pedestal.........................you are gutted and betrayed when you come home to find she's gone the divorce papers pop through the post with yesterday's postmark on it.


    At the end of the day if it wasn't for the SP / Phil Miller incident in the player tunnel at Wembley in the pre-match buildup then a lot of this could've been easily swept under the carpet.....add into all that Matt Oakely's perjorous MK interview and the fact that MO, MG, RH, JMT and PT himself would've discussed moving jobs/homes with their wives and family well before the event ( SP & DB now there as well, quel suprise !!!) then we can only assume that we, the fans and the club, were taken along for the ride in the last couple of months of the season.

    Nothing wrong in getting to the bottom of anything club related whether rose tinters(still) like it or not , Jonathon Creek would think you have something to hide ............
    Last edited by RebornKirtonRed; 11 August 2018 at 04:24. Reason: rubbish spelling

  10. #990
    RebornKirtonRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kirton Kennels
    Posts
    420

    Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

    Quote Originally Posted by David Treharne View Post
    I don't think they're mutually exclusive, but I regret that on the eve of a matchday it's a topic that is dominating these pages. Only time and distance will tell what MK Dons have gained by signing our previous manager, and I think its probably a testament to what has been achieved within the club as a whole over the last 15 years that he should appear to want to maintain a close relationship with something that he has become familiar with. However, I hope that as a Club with a new manager we will be moving on, and certainly try to play a more positive form of football than has been on display from Exeter City sides during the last couple of seasons, and hopefully done without recourse to the kind of blind adherence to a formula that only worked intermittently. So I don't think that its "unreasonable" just wish that it wasn't being aired in the major thread on the Word on Well Street. I happen to think that looking forward is better than looking back, and though I'd concede that decisions have to be made going forward I hope that that they're not informed by what has happened in the immediate past. I look forward to seeing the first post midnight thread on the events that will be taking place tomorrow.
    Quote - ^^^^^ "but I regret that on the eve of a matchday " ^^^^^

    should read - " but I regret that on the eve of the biggest matchday of our season he told our players he was leaving and who was going with him"..

    ah, that's better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •