Page 25 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisdale to MK Dons

Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

[QUOTE=STURTZ;1719831
    the best thing about him has to be his interaction with the players, they have total respect for him and he gets the best out of them.[/QUOTE]

I fundamentally disagree with the last statement. He has too often played players in positions that simply don‘t get the best out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    I'd love Brian McDermott in, but I doubt we could get him - even if we got to League One. He's a cut above everybody else on that list.
    While I like McDermott, I'm not sure his profile is quite what we'd be looking for.

That said, reasonably sure his agent is a certain Pat Dolan who, coincidentally, is also Tis' agent so if we were looking for a new manager it's not inconceivable Brian might be in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Exe on Valdez View Post
    I fundamentally disagree with the last statement. He has too often played players in positions that simply don‘t get the best out of them.
    It works both way Sweeney can’t play at right back, yes he can .
    Wheeler can only be played out wide not true. Etc
    You can’t pidgin hole players in set positions in today football they need to be more flexible.

Sometimes players have had to play in different positions because of injuries .

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    I'd love Brian McDermott in, but I doubt we could get him - even if we got to League One. He's a cut above everybody else on that list.
    While I like McDermott, I'm not sure his profile is quite what we'd be looking for these days.

That said, reasonably sure his agent is a certain Pat Dolan who, coincidentally, is also Tis' agent so if we were looking for a new manager it's not inconceivable Brian might be in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    While I like McDermott, I'm not sure his profile is quite what we'd be looking for these days.

That said, reasonably sure his agent is a certain Pat Dolan – who, coincidentally, is also Tis' agent – so if we were looking for a new manager it's not inconceivable Brian might be in the frame.
    Pat Dolan? Is that Eamonn Dolans brother? Some city connections there then...

This is how one ex Exeweb user views us all

@JabbaTheGut5

Our haters are never silenced. Look at the tenacity of the anti- Tisdale oxygen thieves on @exemsg over the last however many years. I'm only half-joking when I say they're probably trying to find fault even now.
    and

@JabbaTheGut5
    ‏As I was buying a programme heard some middle-aged @exemsg types saying the shot of Perryman should have him holding the money he was supposedly taking out of ECFC. Can we not have a resolution at the AGM to guillotine idiots like behind the Big Bank at half-time every game?
    and

@JabbaTheGut5

But he has a decent car. The @exemsg lunatics tell me that's proof he's ripping off the club. How can you doubt those who correctly predicted the scadal of #ecfc giving the Big Bank to Portsmouth fans to make more money.

That did happen, didn't it?
    Last edited by Hants_red; 18 May 2018 at 17:50.

Tisdale's record in all competitive games with Exeter is

P625, W241, D159, L225, Goalsfor 862, GoalsAgainst 849 GD+13

Seems odd that MK Dons haven't appointed a manager yet.

If I was a betting man I'd say Tisdale has agreed verbally however there has been an agreement to delay announcing it for a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    Seems odd that MK Dons haven't appointed a manager yet.

If I was a betting man I'd say Tisdale has agreed verbally however there has been an agreement to delay announcing it for a period of time.
    He's gone, he is no longer an employee and quite frankly if he doesn't join them he'll secure a new appointment somewhere in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Grecian View Post
    He's gone, he is no longer an employee and quite frankly if he doesn't join them he'll secure a new appointment somewhere in the near future
    I'm not sure where his stock value is at the moment to secure an appointment elsewhere. I think he might leave the game altogether if MK Dons falls through. He wont get the job stability anywhere that he had with us for 12 years.