Page 92 of 164 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisdale to MK Dons

Re: Tisdale to MK Dons

Quote Originally Posted by ExeterCityLad View Post
    You do have to be god awful, and other than JMT - Their team is GOD AWFUL.
    They have some good players, they should be towards the top of the league, the likes of Chuks Aneke and Kieran Agard are not god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    They have some good players, they should be towards the top of the league, the likes of Chuks Aneke and Kieran Agard are not god awful.
    They're nothing special and when played out of position by Tisdale, they'll be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    For Rae, Geoffrey, Flakey, Avening etc etc.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/jul...e-on-matchday/
    Thanks but no thanks PC. I know it was tongue in cheek but have to say i'm not interested in what Paul Tisdale is doing at MK. I supported him while he was our manager but he now isn't. I always liked his style and I respect what he did for the club while he was here, but now he isn't. Now he is no different to any other manager at any other club. When he walks out next up at the park I would applaud him, like I would any long term returning player, then I would be looking for 3 points for us. I know there are probably some who are bitter and twisted and will jeer/boo/insult but personally I don't think its necessary. Neither do I want us to beat MK more than any other team. I want us to beat all of them equally as much, except maybe the gargs. When ever we play them I want us to do more than beat them. Total humiliation is what I want to see. I know as well that there are many who want to see Tisdale fail, like doing so would somehow make them feel better. There's nowt as strange as folk.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Thanks but no thanks PC. I know it was tongue in cheek but have to say i'm not interested in what Paul Tisdale is doing at MK. I supported him while he was our manager but he now isn't. I always liked his style and I respect what he did for the club while he was here, but now he isn't. Now he is no different to any other manager at any other club. When he walks out next up at the park I would applaud him, like I would any long term returning player, then I would be looking for 3 points for us. I know there are probably some who are bitter and twisted and will jeer/boo/insult but personally I don't think its necessary. Neither do I want us to beat MK more than any other team. I want us to beat all of them equally as much, except maybe the gargs. When ever we play them I want us to do more than beat them. Total humiliation is what I want to see. I know as well that there are many who want to see Tisdale fail, like doing so would somehow make them feel better. There's nowt as strange as folk.
    Fair play Geoff. For a Tisdalite, that is a spot on post.

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC89 View Post
    Fair play Geoff. For a Tisdalite, that is a spot on post.
    Think it's pretty much how all of us former Tis fans feel, it's some others that seem to be obsessed as the posts on this thread show.

Does wanting Tisdale to fail miserably and lose his job by christmas make someone a bad person?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Does wanting Tisdale to fail miserably and lose his job by christmas make someone a bad person?
    No it doesn't who said it does? Just seems a tad bitter.

Some 'interesting' comments on their forum after playing Brackley in a friendly such as "Very stale performance"; "You'll probably get shot down on here by the usual suspects who will say "wait and see how Tisdale gets on" or "pre-season means nothing".

I'm with you on this. Three weeks left til the window closes, we need a lot of business conducting in that time. Hopefully offload one or two, but more importantly, we need three or four quality additions if we are going to be challenging for autos IMO."; "Brackley are a good outfit no doubt about that but we still have severe problems in creating and scoring goals, hoping maybe tisdale will go back for stockley"

By comparison quite pleased with our friendlies thus far

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

It’s going to very interesting to see how Tisdale goes elsewhere given the freedom and lack of pressure he was ever put under during his 10+ years at City....

I don’t think you can manage MK Dons the same way as you can manage “little old Exeter” & for sure pressure on promotion will be far higher...

Some of his signings including Robbie Simpson have been pure desperation IMO & I’m not convinced the patience of fans at other clubs will be anything like as subdue as our happy clappers who backed Tisdale even when we went nearly 12 months without winning a home game.....that simply wouldn’t happen anywhere else....especially at a club who have had 13 managers since 2004

Much though I admire Harley he is a bit of an acquired taste and it would be easy for some of their less astute supporters to miss his skills and subtle touches and just see a lazy ineffective powder puff. I would expect Tis to stick with him though and it could be the start of the end of their beautiful relationship.

Simpson is old, crocked and talentless and will definitely be a head scratcher for Dons fans.