• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stockley up for EFL player of the month

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stockley's goal shown on the Clubs Twitter account https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/991219227804741632

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
See that Don Goodman is heading up the judging panel ! Not sure if that is a plus or a minus, may depend on whether Pinky and Perky paid him on time ! ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
See that Don Goodman is heading up the judging panel ! Not sure if that is a plus or a minus, may depend on whether Pinky and Perky paid him on time ! ;)
Took 10 attempts before Tisdale got manager of the month!

Last edited:

Terryhall

(from the original EFL link) - "formidable in the air and deceptively skilful on the ground,"

Is that the modern way of saying "Good feet for a big man"? :)

(not meaning this in any way as a criticism of Stockley, just seems like the EFL are trying to damn him with faint praise in their writeup...)

ALSO - "The judging panel comprises Sky Sports’ EFL expert Don Goodman; League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL Trader Mikey Mumford."

I presume that SkyBet don't accept any betting on who will win the PotM, otherwise that seems to be a phenomenal conflict of interest...

Last edited:

IndoMike

Mikey was a character in "THE GODFATHER" and almost every other mafia movie.
Cheers
IndoMikey

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The award went to Mitch Rose of Grimsby.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon there has to be some interest in Stockley from other clubs this summer.

Colesman Ballz

I reckon there has to be some interest in Stockley from other clubs this summer.
With a goal ratio around the one every two games mark, I can't see the Club wanting or even needing to sell. With two years remaining on his contract, it could take a bid around the million mark to prise him off us, although I am sure there will be one or two derisory bids, from the likes of Steve Evans, to laugh off ! :)