• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

#GreciansAsOne

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Following on from Saturday’s events, regardless of who is in the wrong or not we need to get right behind Tis and the boys for the greater good of the club if we are to get over that line and obtain League One football next season.

Regarding Tisdale’s actions on Saturday, I don’t condone it but he’s human, it wasn’t the wisest thing to do but the dogs’ abuse he received and has received in the past hasn’t been helpful either. How many people have made questionable choices in the heat of the moment? He’s not the only one. I’ll admit I have doubted him in the past and thought fresh eyes were needed (although gladly proved wrong) but I’ve never abused him.

Thing is, it’s not over yet, yes it could have been better but we’ve sealed a place in the play-offs and have more points on the board than last season. You don’t have to like him, but for the greater good of the club he and the players need our support right now. Carry on squabbling with each other and we won’t get far - we need to be as one to aim for the goal of League One football.

Yesterday I wrote to the trust to state my support for Tis and the boys, and asked them to pass this on to them:

Thank you for everything, we BELIEVE in you, and we CAN do this. Make us PROUD. We SUPPORT you.

Let’s stick together, be positive and push Tis and the boys over that line as they really need it right now. We all want that don’t we? We can do this. UTC

#GreciansAsOne

muppetdodger

Good post and agree with all that you've put. Also important for the club to acknowledge wrongs as well. Tisdale has always shown contempt for the fans from time to time, fans are a bit miffed by the Ampadu tribunal and a few weeks ago a large portion of the fans were even ridiculed by Ade Edmondson. So a one sided 'let's move on' will never heal the wounds. I sometimes wonder what goes through Tisdale's mind, hopefully for the good of the club he will do his best to patch up his/the clubs side of the apparent dispute.

eurogrecian

Top post.
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hopefully there are four games left to play that stand between us and League 1. Surely we all want to be watching Exeter in League 1 next season? Time to back the team to success.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
What drove me to write this was thinking back to the Conference days, where the togetherness helped us achieve some great things.

If we can attempt to get that back and get behind Tis and the boys as one regardless of misdemeanours on both sides, I really believe it will help galvanise the club, players, fans and staff. We really can do this, but we all need to be in it together. UTC [G]

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree, Want the team to do well and everyone focus on them and giving 100% support, Not individuals, that time might come when the play off's are done and dusted

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
What drove me to write this was thinking back to the Conference days, where the togetherness helped us achieve some great things.

If we can attempt to get that back and get behind Tis and the boys as one regardless of misdemeanours on both sides, I really believe it will help galvanise the club, players, fans and staff. We really can do this, but we all need to be in it together. UTC [G]
Idealism is never a bad thing, but I fear the dislocation on both sides has gone beyond the application of a little sticking plaster.... For whatever reason, PT feels slighted and this is clear from his general attitude exemplified by his (alleged) gesture on Saturday and the lines have been deeply drawn on the other side also...As a consequence, any truce is bound to be short lived and totally dependant on how results go.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see somebody getting behind the manager on Exeweb, and he certainly has done well results-wise this season, and even some of his critics say he should be judged on that.

I wouldn't worry about how much the fans are behind him in the actual playoffs though. Some fans have very short memories, as you have alluded to, and as soon as the playoff matches start, everyone will be up for it, I'm sure.

Terryhall

Completely agree with the sentiments in the OP, and the reply from Muppetdodger. We do need to come together as one and all pull in the same direction to have the best chance of getting over the line and earning promotion via the playoffs.

For the fans, that means positivity, supporting the team and giving them some extra motivation when things aren't going well.

For the team, that means digging deep after a long tough season and being mentally strong under pressure in what will essentially be (hopefully) three high pressure cup games.

For Tisdale, that means that if he wants to build an "us v them" mentality to motivate the team, he needs to ensure that the fans and Trust are included in the "us" bracket.

No doubt in my mind that the team will do their part in this. Remains to be seen whether the fans and Tisdale will do theirs - I hope they do and I hope that continues for all parties concerned in L1 next season.

Great to see some positivity on here and long may that continue too.

Juan Kossof

Whatever your view on the Team or Manager it's surely counter-productive to do anything other than support your team during a match, particularly in the "cup-tie" situation we're about to embark on. If you want to have a protest that's your right but there are ways of doing it without it intruding into the game itself. We're nailed on for a play-off spot and could well finish 4th, which I think most supporters would have taken at the start of the campaign. Ground redevelopment probably hasn't helped.