• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
So does Tisdale shuffle the pack and rest his important players ahead of the playoffs.....

Given the playoffs are a lottery does it matter who we play ?

Red Monster

So does Tisdale shuffle the pack and rest his important players ahead of the playoffs.....

Given the playoffs are a lottery does it matter who we play ?
Not as such but I still think it would be better if we play at home in the 2nd leg ,
If we lost and the others won in Notts County’s case drew we would end up 7th .
So we need a minimum of a draw to be home in 2nd leg.

geoffwp

I want to see us go into the play offs on a win. Lets get that habit back before the first leg. Whatever side he picks that should be to the forefront.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well he played a strong side in the Carlisle league game last season, which was a risk. Personally I say rest Pym, Sweeney, Moxey, Boateng, Taylor and especially Stockley. Ok, I know we’d like to win but at the end of the day we can’t afford any more injuries to key players.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Stockley for sure id rest this weekend

Antony Moxey

A win is important, especially given what we’ve had to put up with over the last half a dozen seasons. Play a strong side and go for the win.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A win is important to boost confidence and build momentum. I'd definitely rest Stockley and Boetang. I'd also play Harley as he needs some match time.

Personally I'd prefer to be at home in the first leg as we were in our play off victories against Torquay and Oxford

Avening Posse

I would not rest any key players, I'd go for a confidence building strong win. I would also play attacking football throughout. If we take the lead there is no real need to sit back and defend it as the points are not as crucial. Give the punters an exciting final day

IndoMike

The problem is if we play our strongest available team and still lose what does that do for our confidence? Can't assume we're gonna win v Colchester.
If i were Tizzy I would announce two days before (to be fair to the fans) that he's going to give a few players a rest before the playoffs. Don't want to see both Tilson and James ever in the same team. I want Wilson as midfield right side. Homer on the bench.

Max Payne 2

You gotta play every game to win. Winning's a habit and so is losing. I've seen it bite enough teams on the ass to know that not giving every game your all is a bad idea.