• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An EMBARRASSING day to be an Exeter fan

Oscar

Not because of the performance but because of some of my fellow 'fans'.

Fighting amongst themselves. Throwing flares on the pitch.
"Eff off Tisdale" chants at 2-0.
"We want Tisdale out" at fulltime.

The 'Seige Army', you are a total embarrassment to the club. A group of entitled millennials who clearly don't remember the REAL bad times.

If you think finishing 4/5th the season after reaching the play offs is poor then you should just give up and go support Barcelona or Man City instead. Lower league football is not for you.

Fair play to the fans who called them out on it and got the pro-Tisdale singing going as we left.

But the behaviour of the group behind the goal was shameful, pathetic and, as it says in the thread title, embarrassing. You'd be forgiven for thinking that result put us into relegation.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well said.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wasn't there, but it also seems a bit embarrassing if your manager makes a "w****r" gesture.

There is a split of opinion over Tisdale , and don't see that ever changing. Those who support him will forgive him anything, and those who want him out aren't likely to change, Tisdale won't change either so that's just the way it is while he is at the club.

LDNGrecian

Wasn't there, but it also seems a bit embarrassing if your manager makes a "w****r" gesture.

There is a split of opinion over Tisdale , and don't see that ever changing. Those who support him will forgive him anything, and those who want him out aren't likely to change, Tisdale won't change either so that's just the way it is while he is at the club.
By all means think he should leave or that someone could do a better job but why at 2-0 down after an individual mistake by a player is it going to achieve anything other than negativity to sing ‘**** off Tisdale’.

If ever we needed the siege army to back the team and get behind them it was then and they went silent apart from abusing our manager.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This isn’t the first time this has happened. I was at Rochdale years ago when we let a 2-0 lead slip in the final 10 mins and at the end of the game some fans turned on Tisdale only for him to tell them to eff off.

I’m not his biggest fan but we all need to pull together now and go for it in the playoffs otherwise what’s the point.

Legohead

Banned
No doubt some will be on to defend them saying they bring noise and fun to proceedings.

No, they bring flares and fights so hopefully one day they'll get caught, banned and we won't have to endure such immature behaviour again at away games and the rest of the Exeter fans who want to enjoy their afternoon at the footy free from the anti social acts of these people can.

No problem with the Tisdale out chants if that's what you feel but chucking flares and acting like Jeremy Kyle contestants is like Oscar said. Embarrassing.

Last edited:

Benguin

I've never turned against him but whatever the behaviour of the fans you should maintain your dignity as the manager.

Making rude signs at the fans is as stupid as the behaviour of some of our fans, the difference being he is being paid to be a professional.

Legohead

Banned
I've never turned against him but whatever the behaviour of the fans you should maintain your dignity as the manager.

Making rude signs at the fans is as stupid as the behaviour of some of our fans, the difference being he is being paid to be a professional.
Agree with this also. No excuse whatsoever for Tisdale if this happened.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to know there is some passion around!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
By all means think he should leave or that someone could do a better job but why at 2-0 down after an individual mistake by a player is it going to achieve anything other than negativity to sing ‘**** off Tisdale’.

If ever we needed the siege army to back the team and get behind them it was then and they went silent apart from abusing our manager.
Again I wasn't there, but my understanding was some of the fans called for Tisdale to sort it out, he reacted to the gesture and the "****** off" chant resulted from that.

I don't think anyone comes out of it positively.