• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rare Exeter City Books For Sale!!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter City - A complete Record 1904 - 1990 By Maurice Goldsworthy, Garth Dykes, and Alex Wilson. Originally Published 1990 now long out of print.

I just checked ebay, and saw that there are four of the above books on offer at various prices. I'm almost tempted to get a second one myself, since the one my daughter gave me back in the day is getting exceedingly dog-eared. The shipping cost of getting one to the US is totally prohibitive though, so I thought maybe my exeweb chums might be interested. They're hardback 380 odd pages, and really is a 'must have'. I dont know where I'd be without 'the bible' as its become known. Ones a bit pricey, but the cheapest is pretty affordable given the rarity.

Good Luck anyone who's interested.

Hopefully this item is OK on Wow's.

contrabombarde

Thanks Pete...I just snapped one up. (y);)

PeteUSA

Excellent! Well done sir! (y)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Oldsmobile-88

iscalad

Me too....

Oldsmobile-88

I would love to see a updated version of that book printed.

Iirc,the printers got subscribers to pay for it up front(I was number 65,well over 200 I think)& the interest gauged from that was enough to get it off the ground(a early form of crowdfunding I suppose)

Grecian2K

Sadly, Olds, Breedon Books (the publishing company) went "the way of Torquay" around 2010. A bit like the gulls they were a bit of a niche market...so no more of their "Complete Histories" I fear.

<smug smiley thing> I believe I have an almost complete collection of their Histories now (all the way from Arsenal to York City), and most in pristine condition..except, obviously, my original, well thumbed and annotated ECFC one ... A although I still have a subsequently purchased mint condition one as well, tucked safely in the book case.

Ironically the only (known) omission in the collection is the Accrington one....ironic because, when my interest was first sparked in these wonderful books by seeing a pile of the ECFC tome in that "remaindered" bookshop in the High Street (back in around 2000 or so) the pile next to them was the Accy one....both were going for £1 a copy IIRC. I (obviously) bought the City one but, in hindsight, wish I'd bought the lot!!!

As for "updates", as Olds will know I have tried to maintain a running update of ECFC "history" post 1990 but, in Excel Spreadsheet format it's not exactly easily publishable. But, if anyone is interested in hosting / converting it I'm more than happy to "share"

Spoonz Red E

Time to plug Grecian Archive again.

It's being added to all the time and really has tons of good stuff on there.

http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/

PeteUSA

Time to plug Grecian Archive again.

It's being added to all the time and really has tons of good stuff on there.

http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/
Nice one Mike. I haven't seen that whole archive together like that before. Give me a good amount to peruse this evening.