• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Ethan Ampadu

Status
Not open for further replies.

WXF

While the outcome of the Ethan Ampadu tribunal is derisory, most on Exeweb appreciate the club would have been entitled to far far less had Ethan simply moved to Chelsea as an academy player. Had he done he presumably would have been able to negotiate better terms for himself, but he didn't, and by signing for Chelsea as free agent he has ensured a much much bigger windfall for ECFC. Through this generosity he has surely already become one of Exeter's greatest players of all time. Thank you for the class and generosity Ethan. (y)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
As I said on another thread, good luck to the lad now go show the Premiershiite what can come from an excellent academy such as ours !

Kwame you raised a good'un there.

UTC.

ExeterCityLad

Hope Chelsea sell him for £50m+ - That's the only way I will end up happy with the situation.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think everyone wishes Amps well and the club should be proud of its academy successes.

DanceMagnet

Must admit I never thought we’d have the opportunity to see him play in a city shirt, so well done to all concerned. Ethan and his family certainly did their best to ensure that city would receive some reward. I think we owe them a debt of thanks.

I’ve never trusted the FA or Premier****e for what they are doing to “English/British” football. The quotes relate to the fact that the Premier****e is now largely a foreign league, with no concerns for the status of the England team. The Chumpion****e is fast becoming another vehicle for foreign players to the extent that the England team may one day include league 1 and 2 players through necessity.

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Calling him one of the greatest City players of all time is a bit of a disservice to those that have played for us for years. Really good player, and by all accounts he and his Dad tried to do the best by the club – but you're setting the bar pretty low for club legend status. Even Ollie, who was fantastic for us, won't be one of our 'greatest ever' unless he comes back for a second stint.

WXF

What other players have enjoyed such a harvest and left the club with as much to reap? Little good us bemoaning the growing inequality in club football and overlooking Ethan having opted to help give something of substance back.

budegrecian

I would echo all the good wishes and thanks expressed by previous posters, in relation to Ethan.
However, it's somewhat ironic that having shown such class themselves, that Ethan and Kwame then choose a club,for him to go to, that has no class whatsoever.

Legohead

Banned
I would echo all the good wishes and thanks expressed by previous posters, in relation to Ethan.
However, it's somewhat ironic that having shown such class themselves, that Ethan and Kwame then choose a club,for him to go to, that has no class whatsoever.
They're a Premier League club. None of them have any class.

It's cutthroat dog eat dog up there. Survival of the fittest (fattest wallets) at any cost.

I'm sure Exeter would do the same if in the same position.

Best of luck Ethan.

Last edited:

LDNGrecian

Calling him one of the greatest City players of all time is a bit of a disservice to those that have played for us for years. Really good player, and by all accounts he and his Dad tried to do the best by the club – but you're setting the bar pretty low for club legend status. Even Ollie, who was fantastic for us, won't be one of our 'greatest ever' unless he comes back for a second stint.
Cliff Bastin was one of the greatest the club ever had, cant blame him for going to Arsenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.