• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

play off final or automatic promotion?

Angus

if you could guarantee that we will clear the first round of the play offs what would you chose, a play off final or automatic?

personally I think we are stronger this year then ever so I'd rather hit the play offs. love a good Wembley trip

ExeterCityLad

Even though I've already booked my accommodation in London for the play off weekend, I'd still rather go up automatically. I'll just enjoy the egg chasers instead. I can't be dealing with another Wembley defeat.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Automatic please. Winning at Wembley is great, but losing there is just awful. Anyway I've got things to do next month, so not sure I could get to the play off games anyway.

Angus

maybe I'm being selfish in wanting a good day out over promotion. but still, I'd like a win at Wembley again

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Automatically promoted every time

Legohead

Banned
Automatic. No brainer.

Wouldn't be massively disappointed with a play off final IF it was held at Old Trafford or basically any ground in the country that isn't in the London area.

ExeterCityLad

Automatic. No brainer.

Wouldn't be massively disappointed with a play off final IF it was held at Old Trafford or basically any ground in the country that isn't in the London area.
Most Exeter fans (I know you're not included in this) have been to Old Trafford when we played them in the FA Cup.

So on that basis, I'd much rather the Etihad, or if we're including London areas, the Emirates.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Automatic promotion.
I do not like Wembley,generally just a very expensive day out.The pubs around the area are all crap as well(Green Man,what a awful beer hall)

If we do go down the play off route & get to the final,I will be giving it a miss..

Legohead

Banned
Most Exeter fans (I know you're not included in this) have been to Old Trafford when we played them in the FA Cup.

So on that basis, I'd much rather the Etihad, or if we're including London areas, the Emirates.
Etihad would be great, or Anfield. I've been to Old Trafford twice. Once for the Torquay v Stevenage play off final and once in the away end with a Sheff Wednesday fan friend.

Just easier to get to (generally although I appreciate most fans will be coming from the SW) and lot less hassle than Wembley but any ground really that's a fair size.

Last edited:

ExeterCityLad

Automatic promotion.
I do not like Wembley,generally just a very expensive day out.The pubs around the area are all crap as well(Green Man,what a awful beer hall)

If we do go down the play off route & get to the final,I will be giving it a miss..
Surely you drink at the Globe in Baker Street? That seems to be where the party is at before the tube to Wembley.