• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Prediction Thread

Legohead

Banned
Well after my waywardly erroneous 5-0 prediction for the Chesterfield match i'm coming down a peg or two for this and going for a tight 1-0. Stockers, who else?

We don't seem to be playing a particularly attractive brand of football at the minute but who cares? So long as we get the wins at this stage of the season.

For this reason and the fact that i think Crawley are an improved side i think it will be a mightily tight tussle.

1-0 to the mighty Grecians!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well after my waywardly erroneous 5-0 prediction for the Chesterfield match i'm coming down a peg or two for this and going for a tight 1-0. Stockers, who else?

We don't seem to be playing a particularly attractive brand of football at the minute but who cares? So long as we get the wins at this stage of the season.

For this reason and the fact that i think Crawley are an improved side i think it will be a mightily tight tussle.

1-0 to the mighty Grecians!
Crawley started to go on a really good run lasting several games and threatening to get into a play-off position, but then the bubble burst and recent form is not so good. However, the day CitY NEVER wins a game comfortably, so there will be blood, sweat, but hopefully no tears. 2-1 it has to be.

Avening Posse

Cannot go up, cannot go down, had a really good run not so long ago so must have something about them, but I fancy us to win 2-1 and keep the pressure on Wycombe. Stockley and Jay

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There will be 4751 fans wishing they'd bought their sunglasses!

grecIAN Harris

2-0 Cityand then onward to the game I fear most in our push for automatic promotion, Satanage.

ExeterCityLad

Have we scored 4 yet this season? Or just a couple of 3s?

I'm going for a 4-1 victory

David Treharne

We don't seem to be playing a particularly attractive brand of football at the minute but who cares?
Disagree. We went through a "let's lump it up to Stockley and see what happens" phase in mid season which WAS dire, but even without Holmes giving us width on both wings the newly found role that Boateng is playing is producing lots of chances, it's just that we've not had the players in the box to take advantage. Possibly because of injury, and perhaps the Manager's reluctance to introduce more quick attacking players into the game we are only scoring two or three per game. I'd like to see him use a couple of the 'strikers' off the bench and perhaps have Jack Sparkes on the bench. Surely his period in purdah has to end soon?

Legohead

Banned
Fair enough David. I was just going on what a lot of people were saying on forums etc about the standard of football rather than anything i'd see myself as i've not been to a home game this year. That's why i said 'we don't seem' rather than 'we aren't'.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There will be 4751 fans wishing they'd bought their sunglasses!
I don't think so. the nice weather is today and tomorrow. Saturday is grey, breezy, with the odd thunderstorm and not as warm.

3-0 City
stockers hat trick

Grecian_Matt

Reckon we will again win, but need to take another 2-0 lead.

Exeter 2 - 1 Crawley - Squeeky bum time for last 5 minutes.