• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Here's a thing : Everton survey fans

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Everton send out a fan survey several times a year. The latest one also asks supporters to rate their level of trust in players being "loyal and performing at their best", and the club's senior leadership team.

There are also questions about how Everton is portrayed in the media and on the overall direction of the club.

Good idea or not necessary?

IndoMike

Clearly not a good idea judging from the response :D

Legohead

Banned
How many Prem footballers are loyal to their clubs nowadays? Bit of a ridiculous question to ask really. I'd say if the questions were appropriate then fan surveys are a great tool for getting feedback and identifying areas where clubs can improve.

Asking Everton fans if they think Wayne Rooney for example is loyal when he left them for Man U only to return once his best years were behind him then proclaiming Everton has always been HIS club then it's either treating them like idiots on purpose or someone at the club has got too much time on their hands.

IndoMike

How many Prem footballers are loyal to their clubs nowadays? Bit of a ridiculous question to ask really. I'd say if the questions were appropriate then fan surveys are a great tool for getting feedback and identifying areas where clubs can improve.

Asking Everton fans if they think Wayne Rooney for example is loyal when he left them for Man U only to return once his best years were behind him then proclaiming Everton has always been HIS club then it's either treating them like idiots on purpose or someone at the club has got too much time on their hands.
Oh. I thought this thread had died. Tx, Legohead : you are my new hero. Agree about the loyalty questions, but they also ask about the manager's performance, too! Don't think Allardyce will like that.

Last edited:

LOG

I'd say if the questions were appropriate then fan surveys are a great tool for getting feedback and identifying areas where clubs can improve
I concur. Is someone performing at their best or are they playing to the manager's instructions? Fans aren't in a position to answer that with any degree of accuracy.

I was sent a survey recently which i didn't respond to as the questions were impossible to answer with the strongly agree to strongly disagree range of options. It would have needed an around the table debate for several hours just to try to reach anything tangible for each question.

Then they moaned that very few people responded.

Legohead

Banned
Yeah i don't like those 'strongly disagree/agree' ones. They take too long and i've got the attention span of a king charles spaniel.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There is a thing doing the rounds at my employer around whether survey fatigue creeps in with the students causing lower response rates, and how we address this.

My suggestion that we survey the students asking them if there are too many surveys got pretty short shrift.

Legohead

Banned
Don't some people get paid for doing surveys? Might be able to increase my attention span if there's money involved.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I believe that the Trust will be surveying members at the end of the season.

IndoMike

There is a thing doing the rounds at my employer around whether survey fatigue creeps in with the students causing lower response rates, and how we address this.

My suggestion that we survey the students asking them if there are too many surveys got pretty short shrift.
Of course you need to do a survey with your colleagues about the usefulness of surveying students about the usefulness of surveys.