• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Favour Needed

les.gtfc

I can't believe that we've got ourselves into this situation again and we've only ourselves to blame but a big favour tonight if you could beat Chesterfield will be very much appreciated.

Don't worry Les, even if they did win I cannot see them winning another 3 after tonight, which I think is what will be needed.
Funnily enough as well as losing to the Spireites this season, the Grecians have tried their hardest to help them since Christmas beating Barnet, Crewe, FGR, Port Vale and yourselves, something I have happily pointed out to the locals. Just need them to repay the favours by beating Wycombe.

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
For you, we will do our very best. [G]

Oldsmobile-88

I’m sure we will Les...You will not be driving that nice new motor of yours to non league grounds next season..

les.gtfc

I’m sure we will Les...You will not be driving that nice new motor of yours to non league grounds next season..
To be honest I can't see us getting much from our next 2 games, away to Swindon and home to Notts County, although I don't think Swindon have won since the orange one took over, so we might nick a point on Saturday and I don't want to be going to FGR on the last day of the season needing something to stay up.

Last edited:

iscalad

To be honest I can't see us getting much from our next 2 games, away to Swindon and home to Notts County, although I don't think Swindon have won since the orange one took over, so we might nick a point on Saturday and I don't want to be going to FGR on the last day of the season needing something to stay up.
You beating Notts County would be a very nice bonus.

LOG

Just seen that Barnet and Chesterfield play each other in the last game of the season. That could turn out to be the most important or the most pointless game of the season for them both.

les.gtfc

Just seen that Barnet and Chesterfield play each other in the last game of the season. That could turn out to be the most important or the most pointless game of the season for them both.
I really hope so!

Us v FGR last game too and I want us to be safe when we head over there.

Hopefully Notts County will play like they did against Chesterfield when they were on TV recently as they were awful that day.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't believe that we've got ourselves into this situation again and we've only ourselves to blame but a big favour tonight if you could beat Chesterfield will be very much appreciated.
Glad to do you a good turn if we can, Les. (y) I remember an end-of-season game in 1964 when we beat Chesterfield 6-1!

Last edited:

les.gtfc

Thank you. Had me a bit worried in that last 10 minutes, but well done and thanks again.(y)