• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Chesterfield prediction thread

ExeterCityLad

A thumping 4-0 victory and Wycombe also lose.

Lovely stuff.

Devonbean

We only got past Barnet at home with a late goal, and were possibly slightly fortunate in that game. Hoping for a start similar to Yeovil at home, but this time taking our chances.
And Barnet, who were next to bottom of the league, had over 20 shots at our goal.
No negative tactics, attack from the start, get the crowd behind the team, Chesterfield are bottom of the league for a reason, crush their spirit early and pepper their goal, plenty of shots, try from distance.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is the line-up from that night, still a few of them involved with City!

Paul Jones
Matt Taylor
Danny Seaborne
Steve Tully
Rob Edwards
Dean Moxey
Bertie Cozic
Matt Gill
Adam Stansfield
Richard Logan
Marcus Stewart

For those that were there and missed the radio commentary, I really wish it was available. The Jimmy Giles co-commentary was out of this world!
How the fark could we lose that game 6-1?

And Barnet, who were next to bottom of the league, had over 20 shots at our goal.
No negative tactics, attack from the start, get the crowd behind the team, Chesterfield are bottom of the league for a reason, crush their spirit early and pepper their goal, plenty of shots, try from distance.
Whilst it would be great to witness a thumping great victory I feel that this game could produce one or two wobbly moments for us.
I've had a look at their record and rather surprisingly they've done pretty well against some of the top teams (including a 1-0 against us).
Although they are bottom we must not take them for granted (WBA anyone?)
If they snatch a lead I reckon they could make it difficult for us to break them down-they consistently out-foul their opponents (according to the BBC Footie match report site)
and two of their players have accumulated 19 yellows between them this season.
I haven't seen them play at all this season so I'm relying on secondary sources for this opinion.

Grecian2K

I predict that I'll be in Bristol tomorrow evening :(

Watching Marillion at the Colston Hall (clap)

Bleddy fixture re-arrangements (doh)

geoffwp

Watching Marillion at the Colston Hall
Ha. I was up for that one G2K. Think it was back in 2014 I last got my fix but alas it didn't work out. At least it does mean the park for me. Got to say I was torn and still am.

The deluder

1Nervy 1-1 against one of our bogey teams.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
We seem to struggle against the strugglers they will be fighting for their lives but I think we will do it with a very nervy 1-0 Matt Jay with a home goal

Oldsmobile-88

I predict that I'll be in Bristol tomorrow evening :(

Watching Marillion at the Colston Hall (clap)
2Kaylie...

I am missing tomorrow too.Heathrow Hotel,listening to the the planes..

A home win tomorrow..

Legohead

Banned
2Kaylie...

I am missing tomorrow too.Heathrow Hotel,listening to the the planes..

A home win tomorrow..
Just out of interest Olds, who is that footballer in your avatar and is it a Leeds shirt he's got on from the 70's? Just interested that's all. Thanks.