• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grand National

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who's having a punt then ?, I know absolutely nothing about horse racing and this is the only horse rate I bet on, having a punt on Perfect Candidate each way........

Legohead

Banned
I like the look of Blaklion again. Backed it the other year and it ran really well. Has experience of the track, the fences and the atmosphere plus got Sam Twiston-Davies on board which is another positive. Riding for his dad Nigel.

I consider myself to be a racing aficionado but the Grand National is simply a race where any horse can win. It's an old cliche but it is completely true. If ever there was a race where someone picked a horse at 33/1 just because they liked it's name and they felt confident it could actually win then this is it. Form goes out of the window here.

You can back pretty much any horse and have a chance.

Best of luck all but it's the Blaklion for me!

Alistair20000

I love the National me.

Very tough race for the horses and will be even harder this year with heavy going.

My main bet will be Yaaaarkshire trained I Just Know who goes on the ground and has proven stamina

Milansbar and Gas Line Boy for places.

The main thing for me will be for all the horses and jockeys to come back safely.

IndoMike

I really fancy Houblon des Obeaux. Someone stick 50 quid e.w on it. Thanks

Alistair20000

I really fancy Houblon des Obeaux. Someone stick 50 quid e.w on it. Thanks
Just off to Corals/Hills but short of cash to oblige ;(

IndoMike

I can't get a bet on but I'm happy to pass on my tip. Was 10th last season - admittedly 100 yards behind the winner but was never given a chance. Will stay the distance, likes it muddy and has a winning trainer. As Marc Bolan said : Get it on!

IndoMike

Just joking, Alistair......

ecfc70

Blaklion for me too..........though I have no understanding what so ever of the gee gees so on no account can I be responsible for you spunking a load of cash down the pan on my recommendation, good luck tho

Legohead

Banned
Alistair2000 makes a great point.

We want the whole field, both horses and jockeys to come back safe after the race.

IndoMike

I can't get a bet on but I'm happy to pass on my tip. Was 10th last season - admittedly 100 yards behind the winner but was never given a chance. Will stay the distance, likes it muddy and has a winning trainer. As Marc Bolan said : Get it on!
Oops. Thank God I didn't bet...