• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
My point really would be that i'd find it bizarre AND annoying if say i went to Accrington and they had all the Exeter fans penned up in this little area so nobody could hardly move when immediately next to it was pretty much an entire stand of empty terrace. I'm not sure that's how it was so excuse me Olds.

Hey, i didn't even go and i'm moaning! :D

Just thinking of the welfare of fans that's all as i know not everyone wants to be squashed into a stand.
Yep,points taken.But there was plenty of space on the terrace at the side & there were about 80 unused seats which anyone could use at the side in the very narrow covered stand...Just pleasing not to have a daft amount(none in fact) of stewards at the front of the away area as at Cambridge the other week.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've conceded something like 40 corners in the last 4 games, and if I've been paying attention we've conceded no goals from them. Not bad!

Red Monster

I expect they were hoping for more home fans/neutrals to show up as it wasn’t all ticket.

In the event it wasn’t needed, in one respect 2800 home fans for a chance to be promoted to their highest ever level isn’t very good, but it’s possibly around double the number they normally get.
When they went bust in the early 60’s they didn’t have a club to support and with Blackburn only 8 miles and Burnley 6
They lost a few generations of fans of the future.
Also The town of Accrington population is under 40k.

Grecian2K

When they went bust in the early 60’s they didn’t have a club to support.
And when they resigned from the FL (on the 11th March 1962) their next match would have been against ????? (Answers on a red and white postcard please)

Last edited:

PeteUSA

And when they resigned from the FL (on the 11th March 1962) their next match would have been against ????? (Answers on a red and white postcard please)
And which team (among others) lost the two points they'd gained by beating them?

We left the Crown about 45 mins before KO, it's omly round the corner from the ground........heard home supporters walking away from ticket booth muttering "sold out" but that could've been just that particular stand........we entered away end only to see end terrace gate shut with steward blocking entry and we were directed to that joke of a stand that is only 3 seats deep,,,,,,,a few of us were already there ....... I was a bit worried where the RL &drum were going to go but with 10 mins to go they opened up our 1/3rd of the partitioned end terrace so most of us in the pig/poke stand went over and joined them in the sunshine......plenty of room really, somebody is being a tad over dramatic here............great gig by the RL and Adam on the drum it was friggin' rocking and nonstop and even Stanno's foot would.ve been tapping away, cosidering no roof we did seem to be in loud party mode..............another pulsating game where I never looked at the clock once 1st-half and only in the last 15 2nd-half..............Only one sad thing - two numpties having a crude verbal slanging match with eachother over Jayden Stockley being lazy ------ you know who you are, don't need it guys, you were both an embarrassment and potentially spoilt a good day for many others

Northern Red

What a tin pot club, how the hell are they going to cope in league 1 when a big team visits that ground,it reminded me of Warrington and Didcot.

Great team performance from city,thought it was a fair result at 1-1 and a number of city players raised there game yesterday & I was very impressed with Matt Jay again.

IndoMike

Nice article and good photo of standing City fans at Accrington match

bbc. com --> sport --> football --> article "Accrington Stanley: How club made history with League Two promotion"
By Jay Freeman

BBC Sport

Rog H K

And which team (among others) lost the two points they'd gained by beating them?
Saved travel expences by not going up. Also we had the home game played so cash in the bank unlike some teams who lost revenue.

tonykellowfan

We've conceded something like 40 corners in the last 4 games, and if I've been paying attention we've conceded no goals from them. Not bad!
The chance of conceding a goal from a corner is actually much lower than most fans realise. I believe Opta state that less than 3% of corners that lead to a goal.