Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Cricket 2018

Pondering the Post Cheeseassic Age as Lionel plays his organ

Re: Cricket 2018

Comfortable win for England at Sophia Gardens/Swalec yesterday.

Excellent knocks from Roy and Buttler and a brutal cameo from Bairstow up top. I thought our spinners (Moheen in particular) were the key taking vital wickets and keeping the lid on the scoring rate. Rashid was a bit expensive but got two big wickets with Finch and Agar who was threatening to get them back into it. Plunkett got 4 but bowled quite a lot of leg side dross. The Strines were always a bit behind in the chase but kept hanging in until losing wickets just as it seemed they might be competitive.

Cannot understand why the Strine supporter next to me was critical of Marsh for batting too slow and thinking of his average rather than the team. The man held the innings together and his strike rate was only a few short of a winning score had others contributed pro rata. Very bizarre. Still I suppose with his teams losing in the footie and rugby the Strine was having a bad day.

Cannot pretend I like this venue that much. Every time I have been there it has rained. “Welcome to Wales” as matey on the gate replied when someone made this point to him. The signage to the Park & Ride was total turd. The seats are small and with inadequate space for people to get past and thus requiring constant getting up and down. Huge queue and waiting time to get out of the Castle Howell stand in the interval and at the end. God help anyone if there has to be an emergency evacuation. In addition the getting up and down was exacerbated by a group of louts who must have left their seats at least a dozen times during play to take on and p*ss away huge supplies of beer. Why do they pay £80 for a ticket and bloated prices for the beerage when instead they could watch the game in a pub or at home ? Feckin’ dire.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Bairstow is unbelievable these days & Butler too & when you add Woakes & Stokes back thatís some ODI side
    Last edited by CREDYGRECIAN; 17 June 2018 at 12:14.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Unbelievable game between Worcester & Kent today cracker....

Looking good for Hampshire at this stage.

Pondering the Post Cheeseassic Age as Lionel plays his organ

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
    Looking good for Hampshire at this stage.
    Yes. Yaaarkshire 9 down and needing 15 an over