• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In Peace

Nethermoor1

Hi guys.

Guiseley fan coming very much in peace. (This was written a few weeks ago, but didn’t get my account approved)

Thought I would come on and give my views on your club.

Firstly me and a mate came down to Devon to watch Torquay V Guiseley, which was called off on the day. Brilliant stuff. So we decided to come to Exeter.

Firstly and this is my only negative and I don’t think it’s a club issue, is the parking. We drove round for about 20 minutes trying to find a spot, we eventually parked in a conservative club car park.

Anyway, the rest….

Cost: £17 quid to watch top end league 2 football? Bargain. It costs more at a lot of places in our league!

The ground: Love the big bank, proper old school massive terrace. Great atmosphere too and I can’t wait to come again when it’s finished. The bar is class too. Shame I didn’t see the cider corner until it was too late.

Fans: All I met and spoke to were very friendly, although did get a lot of people trying to figure out why some lad was wearing a non Exeter/Swindon shirt. Especially the kids.

Club shop: Bought some keepsakes (fridge magnet and keyring) all well priced too.

The game: First 20 minutes were pretty awful, until Swindon scored (against the run of play). I have to say you play good football and it would have been a massive travesty had you not won. Swindon were awful and apart from the goal and a tame shot, they offered nothing. That Boateng lad looked a class above, so did the striker that held everything up in the Swindon box.

Anyway, thanks for having us. I’m pleased I saw a decent game of football and I now have a new team to look out for. And I’m going to come over to watch you against Stanley on Saturday

OOO RRR WE ARE EXETER etc….

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers - always looked out for Guiseley when they had Neil Parsley (who played, if "played" isn't too much of a stretch, for City) as manager.

I'm "Internet chums" with a recent Guiseley convert who used to follow Luton, he went to Weston-Super-Mare I think when your match at Torquay was off.

DanceMagnet

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Always good to hear the neutrals enjoy a day at SJP as well.

Nethermoor1

Hi guys.

Guiseley fan coming very much in peace. (This was written a few weeks ago, but didn’t get my account approved)

Thought I would come on and give my views on your club.

Firstly me and a mate came down to Devon to watch Torquay V Guiseley, which was called off on the day. Brilliant stuff. So we decided to come to Exeter.

Firstly and this is my only negative and I don’t think it’s a club issue, is the parking. We drove round for about 20 minutes trying to find a spot, we eventually parked in a conservative club car park.

Anyway, the rest….

Cost: £17 quid to watch top end league 2 football? Bargain. It costs more at a lot of places in our league!

The ground: Love the big bank, proper old school massive terrace. Great atmosphere too and I can’t wait to come again when it’s finished. The bar is class too. Shame I didn’t see the cider corner until it was too late.

Fans: All I met and spoke to were very friendly, although did get a lot of people trying to figure out why some lad was wearing a non Exeter/Swindon shirt. Especially the kids.

Club shop: Bought some keepsakes (fridge magnet and keyring) all well priced too.

The game: First 20 minutes were pretty awful, until Swindon scored (against the run of play). I have to say you play good football and it would have been a massive travesty had you not won. Swindon were awful and apart from the goal and a tame shot, they offered nothing. That Boateng lad looked a class above, so did the striker that held everything up in the Swindon box.

Anyway, thanks for having us. I’m pleased I saw a decent game of football and I now have a new team to look out for. And I’m going to come over to watch you against Stanley on Saturday

OOO RRR WE ARE EXETER etc….
The supporters club went over to Weston. Me and a mate were on a 2 day stopover, and I preferred a closer and better quality football fix :)

Legohead

Banned
Cheers Nethermoor1. Sorry to see that Guiseley will be plying their trade in the NLN next season although i expect you've known that for some time. Hopefully you can regroup and go again next season but i've seen some games in NLN and half of the teams in it would hold their own in the NL for sure.

Glad to hear of your excellent experience at Exeter, a shining example for you to compare against the tin pot way that Torquay United operates.

I park in the John Lewis multi storey which is about 5-10 mins away but the only problem is the cost.

Best of luck to the Lions next season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers Nethermoor1. Sorry to see that Guiseley will be plying their trade in the NLN next season although i expect you've known that for some time. Hopefully you can regroup and go again next season but i've seen some games in NLN and half of the teams in it would hold their own in the NL for sure.

Glad to hear of your excellent experience at Exeter, a shining example for you to compare against the tin pot way that Torquay United operates.

I park in the John Lewis multi storey which is about 5-10 mins away but the only problem is the cost.

Best of luck to the Lions next season.
I parked there for the Swindon game as a last resort cos the traffic was crazy. It was like the run up to Christmas.

I stood next to a couple of Guiseley fans on the Bank an d they were loving it. As was I. Glad you had a good experience. Enjoy Accy.. .The atmosphere is usually better when City play away.

Nethermoor1

That will have been us. :)

Grecian_in_Plymouth

YOU will be welcome at Accy ( yorkshire grecians )

Exehausted

The car park that you mention is at the top of May St and is one that I always recommend. It's less than a 10 minute walk and at a fixed price of £4 a lot cheaper that any City Centre car parks. They are going to £4 an HOUR soon! That makes it a very dear day out.