• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley prediction thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The latest huge game and Accrington can clinch promotion with a win. They’ve been on an amazing run and I don’t think anyone would have given them a chance of getting a playoff place, let alone win the league.

That said, we’re In great form and who knows the occasion may get to Stanley. If you look at their recent results they seem to win by the odd goal often, similarly to us, so I think this one will be incredibly tight.

I am going to be optimistic and say we will nick this one 1-0 with a Jordan Storey close range goal. A bumper crowd of 3877 with 344 travelling Grecians.

UTC

Legohead

Banned
1-0 to Accy for me too. If there was a team in the league i'd not mind if we lost to it would be Accy because i know they will have worked hard and honestly for it and would deserve it by and large (cue last minute dive to win them a pen :D) So pleased for them that they will be in league 1 next season and hopefully us up with them.

As for this game though, i think it will be scrappy affair with one goal settling it for the Stanley.

rifraf

On paper this should be a home win. Stanley on top form and chasing the title, at home, in front of their own fans. Me?... one of the most pessimistic ECFC fans in the Northern Hemisphere.

But I got a feeling about this one. If we turn up with intent, tenacity and earnest endeavour, we are more than capable of upsetting the apple cart and scaring the living daylights out of Wycombe.

Batten down the hatches ............ AWAY WIN. 1-2

ExeterCityLad

Think we will win this one.2-1

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accy have a budget considerably lower than ours, as a result according to many on here we should be winning this match every day of the week.

My prediction is 1 - 1.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They seem to win more often at our place, and we more often win at their place.

Full head to head details with the current incarnation of Accrington Stanley - http://www.grecians.co.uk/wordpress/?p=9252

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few weeks ago I'd have said this was a home banker, but now I think we have a good chance of causing an upset, 2-1 City.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I predicted 2-1 City win in Ali 20K's prestigious April/May prediction thread and see no reason to change. This is exactly the kind of match we win : backs to the wall.

denzel

2-1 City (Stockley and free scoring Matt Jay) in front of a bumper crowd of 5000 Accy fans and 600 Grecians

malcolms

As their capacity is 5067...it's gonna be difficult....