• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sunday Football for Lower Leagues

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was just thinking about some comments from Legohead about maintaining good attendances at the Park and started to wonder if regular Sunday football would be a good idea or if it would infringe too much on family life. Maybe it's a terrible idea?(worry)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It is a terrible idea.

Next!

IndoMike

It is a terrible idea.

Next!
Why next, or are you the divine spirit?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not divine, sadly I don't score all the ****ing time. Although in my last match I did produce a wonderful bit of skill before my shot was deflected onto the bar by the keeper. Goal of the flippin' season it would have been, sod Ronaldo.

PeteUSA

I was just thinking about some comments from Legohead about maintaining good attendances at the Park and started to wonder if regular Sunday football would be a good idea or if it would infringe too much on family life. Maybe it's a terrible idea?(worry)
You mean we play our home league matches on a sunday Mike?

iscalad

Awful idea. Public transport is a joke on Sundays.

IndoMike

I'm not divine, sadly I don't score all the ****ing time. Although in my last match I did produce a wonderful bit of skill before my shot was deflected onto the bar by the keeper. Goal of the flippin' season it would have been, sod Ronaldo.
So you fell flat on your arse.

IndoMike

Awful idea. Public transport is a joke on Sundays.
Good point.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So you fell flat on your arse.
That's what normally happens.

On this occasion I ran the channel (something I was urging our players to do on Monday, usually to no avail), got the ball with my back to goal, Cruyff-turned the CB and from the corner of the box floated one that would have been heading for the top corner but for the keeper's intervention. Think Buster vs Fulham in '95 (without the lung-busting run from his own box).

We still lost.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Mate I can only just about be sober by Monday morning after a Saturday game , I would have to either not drink as much (never gonna happen) or sit at home and miss the home games (also never gonna happen).

Sunday football is for walking to with a couple of semi warm sausage sandwiches and a thermos of tea / hip flask.

And there would be even less support for the Sunday league clubs its good to chuck your loose change from the night before in the buckets.