• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Agents fees 2017/18

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All revealed at http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/03/payments-fees-intermediaries-030418

Big increase (to £41,450) for Exeter City on previous years. These are the standout fees that we've paid.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, does that signify that Pym signed a new deal in Feb 17 and JMT signed one in December?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The payment on 21/12/2017, would suggest JMT signed a new contract at that point ? If so surely that would be at odds with those that claim he has already signed a pre contract with Oxford for next season, unless a transfer fee has already been agreed between Oxford and ourselves ?

jimbo-gould

You cannot sign a pre-contract agreement in season if going from one English to another.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks JG.

I see that Jayden Stockley has the same agent as Ollie Watkins. Vernazza is ex Arsenal I think

Boyo

Interesting that all 92 clubs paid some fees.

I do wonder what value these agents provide to players in the lower leagues. They seem to extract large amount of cash for themselves, that could/should be spent on better things.

The Governor

Players use them to negotiate contracts on their behalf in the same way a recruitment consultant will negotiate a new job role for someone seeking a change in jobs

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder how long Christy's extension was back in Feb 2017?

Terryhall

Interesting to note that Jack Stacey seems to be at the same agency (albeit different agent) as JMT - Luton paid an agent fee to the same agency on 28 June 2017 which must be related to his transfer. Looks like JMT is the only player on the list represented by Arron Davies, but there are lots all the way up to the top end of the Championship represented by the same agency (Unique Sports Management)