• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dates

speedyflo

What do we know about playoff dates?

I can see league 2 playoff final is on the bank holiday Monday due to world cup but are there any clues as to when the semi finals would be? Sometime after 5th May as that is when the season ends.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
What do we know about playoff dates?

I can see league 2 playoff final is on the bank holiday Monday due to world cup but are there any clues as to when the semi finals would be? Sometime after 5th May as that is when the season ends.
They are not usually decided until the teams are known and Sky have determined which games they want to televise when. My best guess would be the same as last year, i.e. the Sunday and Thursday following the end of the season (13th and 17th), but I wouldn't bet on this as Sky will prioritise games higher up the ladder. The PL season finishes on Sunday 13th with all games at 3pm so any playoff games will presumably start at 5.30.

I hope they are not on the Wednesday 16th as I'm going to a concert that night...

Matt Russell

They are not usually decided until the teams are known and Sky have determined which games they want to televise when. My best guess would be the same as last year, i.e. the Sunday and Thursday following the end of the season (13th and 17th), but I wouldn't bet on this as Sky will prioritise games higher up the ladder. The PL season finishes on Sunday 13th with all games at 3pm so any playoff games will presumably start at 5.30.

I hope they are not on the Wednesday 16th as I'm going to a concert that night...
Sunday and Thursday as you say last season, but I think previously Saturday/Wednesday for one and Sunday/Thursday for the other. This allowed all four fixtures to be televised.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday and Thursday as you say last season, but I think previously Saturday/Wednesday for one and Sunday/Thursday for the other. This allowed all four fixtures to be televised.
All four were televised last season, just that they stuck ours behind the red button.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not going to Carlisle for a Sunday evening game again so if they could stay out of the play offs please that would be great.

Legohead

Banned
I would hope we don't get Lincoln either otherwise they'll be a serious clamour for 400 tickets. Can't see them giving over any home seats to us. Barely a spare seat in the house last Friday.

Legohead

Banned
Cov would do me. Acres of space. We could fetch 2,000 plus and still have room for a walk.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would hope we don't get Lincoln either otherwise they'll be a serious clamour for 400 tickets. Can't see them giving over any home seats to us. Barely a spare seat in the house last Friday.
They have to give us 10% if we demand them so there will be around 1000 tickets. They would however only get the 375 or thereabouts that we can make available as we have a dispensation for this season.

Grecian Max

Again, they broke EFL rules on Good Friday - this is because our club allowed them too. Had City pushed for more (earlier on) they would have been obliged to give them. However I guess the club looked at the recent games at Grimsby and thought 400 would be enough (and error, because of the bank holiday and new ground/city for a lot).

Going into the play offs, they would have to give the entire stacey west to us at the opposite end of the ground. Would love that personally, Pompey-esque.

Oldsmobile-88

I hope those seats are repaired if we visit again for the play off..:D :D