• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Morrish

REDMIKE

I see he is no longer a director as of 30th March 2018

David Treharne

Strange eh? Try looking at the Trust Board minutes of 13th November to discern what happened at that meeting - the first one in the post AGM period. The art of concealment is at work. Try looking behind the bland words that appear and there is nothing but obfuscation. Try asking questions of Trustees (especially those on the Club Board) for full details of the vent of what actually took place at that meeting. Should be interesting to see how many different variations of events are put forward.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You have suspicions of a power play, Dr. Dave?

David Treharne

Nope, but I suspect that history has been rewritten to save the blushes of several individuals. There's a lot more behind this than a simple resignation, and then there's the definition of "Associate Director" that has appeared in Club nomenclature. However, at the moment Trust members who don't ask, will not get told about the true version of events surrounding that meeting. Josef Stalin wasn't the secretary of the communist party in Russia so that he could spend his time transcribing notes.

IndoMike

Nope, but I suspect that history has been rewritten to save the blushes of several individuals. There's a lot more behind this than a simple resignation, and then there's the definition of "Associate Director" that has appeared in Club nomenclature. However, at the moment Trust members who don't ask, will not get told about the true version of events surrounding that meeting. Josef Stalin wasn't the secretary of the communist party in Russia so that he could spend his time transcribing notes.
It all sounds very intriguing. You've skirted around the edges : can you feed us with a little bit more?

Boyo

Strange eh? Try looking at the Trust Board minutes of 13th November to discern what happened at that meeting - the first one in the post AGM period. The art of concealment is at work. Try looking behind the bland words that appear and there is nothing but obfuscation. Try asking questions of Trustees (especially those on the Club Board) for full details of the vent of what actually took place at that meeting. Should be interesting to see how many different variations of events are put forward.
Dave, I can see no reference to Paul Morrish in the minutes of 13th November 2017. I assume you are alluding to general smoke and mirrors from the Trust. Could you elaborate please?

Graham Deasy is the Secretary, I believe.

LDNGrecian

Not a good sign. There’s obviously something rumbling at board level.

REDMIKE

Obviously it is to do with Martin Weiler who did not wish to be considered for re-election as Chair of the Trust or Sean Devine who resigned his position as a Trustee.

LDNGrecian

Obviously it is to do with Martin Weiler who did not wish to be considered for re-election as Chair of the Trust or Sean Devine who resigned his position as a Trustee.
In what way is it obvious?

Colesman Ballz

Doubt that it is concerned with either of those. As I understand it Sean Devine stepped down as he was moving out of the area and relocating to Ireland for starters.

As for Morrish I am delighted he has finally gone (why he remains in a lesser capacity, heaven only knows !). It's just a pity it wasn't years ago. He should have fallen on his sword or been given the elbow when he nearly blew the Flybe sponsorship by publically bragging about his negotiations. He also later only survived being ousted from the Club Board by the Trust, by some behind the scenes chicanery.

My personal view of the man is that however well intentioned he might be, he is long on talk and short on delivery. I wouldn't employ him to deliver a pizza.