• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

KWSGrecian

Is it me or has Deano not really contributed much this season? Had high hopes for the lad when he came to us but I feel he hasn't really lived up to his potential in spite of being a fan favourite. Unable to get past the first man often this season, most noticeably against the lowly Heybridge Swifts when he played RM. Can't say I'd miss him too much if we got rid in summer, thoughts?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Played really well at centre back. Played well most games except when Tis has asked him to play too far forward. Totally disagree.

budegrecian

As I posted on another thread; he's been poor when played wide left, okay at full back without being great, but excellent every time he's played left CH. The later is his position now, as far as I'm concerned, particularly if JMT is injured or possibly leaving. Anyone else heard the rumour about JMT having signed a pre contract agreement with Oxford?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I posted on another thread; he's been poor when played wide left, okay at full back without being great, but excellent every time he's played left CH. The later is his position now, as far as I'm concerned, particularly if JMT is injured or possibly leaving. Anyone else heard the rumour about JMT having signed a pre contract agreement with Oxford?
Would Oxford sign another injury prone player from us?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Moxey has had a decent season. He's filled in at centre back and done an excellent job. He's played full back and left midfield and again done a good job. He's composed and makes the right decisions, a sign of his experience of playing at a higher level.

Overall I'm delighted he's back and he's certainly good enough for L1.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone else heard the rumour about JMT having signed a pre contract agreement with Oxford?
No, but I'd expect quite a few League One sides like Oxford to be able to offer JMT - available on a free in the summer- a 3year contract on more than twice the money he's getting at ECFC

Saint James

JMT has given the club very decent service and deserves his opportunity to progress and start making some decent money out of a short career. He's only going to be on long term loan anyways as he will be back with us in around 6-7 years time :)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think he’s done quite well actually definitely been strong when playing center half although he has been a little disappointing the few games he has played in front of Woodman...he picks up good positions on the edge of the oppositions box from corners and hasn’t been afraid to shoot from there which has seen some very well hit shots blocked or cleared off the line which he has been unlucky not to score from.

KWSGrecian

Think he’s done quite well actually definitely been strong when playing center half although he has been a little disappointing the few games he has played in front of Woodman...he picks up good positions on the edge of the oppositions box from corners and hasn’t been afraid to shoot from there which has seen some very well hit shots blocked or cleared off the line which he has been unlucky not to score from.
Him and Woody on one side is far too weak for me, agree he's better in CH. On Woodman though, surely he's not L1 quality if we were to go up, haven't been overly impressed by him this season.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Would Oxford sign another injury prone player from us?
It's 1-1 currently (Ribs to Oxford, Hoskins to us).