• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Tisdale goes

scottus86

If Tisdale goes in May as suggested in the recent Times article, who would you like to replace him?

I don't know much about him but the current Sutton United manager Paul Doswell has a pretty decent record with them and is currently second in the national league. PLayed 539 won 237, Drawn 149 and lost 153. A long serving manager so he could give us similar stability as Paul Tisdale, a good record in nonleague and according to this article he works for free.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/06/meet-manager-works-free-has-lead-sutton-united-fa-cup-third/

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Tisdales aspirations will be on hold until after todays game, Scott. If we should perchance get humiliated, I believe your thread will get a lot of attention.

scottus86

We'll see about that, I'm hoping for a good result and I'd like Tisdale to go out on a promotion if he really is going to leave. After reading the article about Paul Doswell, I really think he'd be a perfect replacement for Tisdale if he goes.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor

Legohead

Banned
I'll get back to you regarding a new boss but please, not Doswell. We can do better than him with all due respect to him and his achievements thus far. Also I didn't like the complicit nature that was shown by him during the shenanigans with his assistant eating the pie at the televised Arsenal cup match. Very unprofessional.

The deluder

Would not want Paul Doswell anywhere near our club. Also isn't he the owner of Sutton United?

Antony Moxey

Don’t care. Wait for the applications and be brave as we were with Tis. Just don’t get a hysterical tracksuited idiot who spends the entire game charging up and down the touchline bawling in the fourth official’s ear. I’d rather not bother going than see that every other week.

malcolms

Would not want Paul Doswell anywhere near our club. Also isn't he the owner of Sutton United?
No he's not...

Legohead

Banned
Don’t care. Wait for the applications and be brave as we were with Tis. Just don’t get a hysterical tracksuited idiot who spends the entire game charging up and down the touchline bawling in the fourth official’s ear. I’d rather not bother going than see that every other week.
That WOULD be a cultural shift for the football club. Going from one of the calmest, most finely tailored and dapper manager in the English lower leagues to a shameless-esque unkempt tracksuit wearing hollerer in one fell swoop.

All very intriguing though.

Last edited:
If Steve Claridge gets it, I'm out!
Can't stand him. No class.