• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale "The whole thing has been hurtful"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Re: "The whole thing has been hurtful"

What a crock of sh*te.
It'll be followed up on the Club OS about the fans needing to back the team for the last 8 games.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

This is really tooo much. Tisdale, FCS, The club is called Exeter City FC, not Paul Tisdale FC. You are not God, you are not indispensable. You say it's not fair on the players?? I bet they'd all like a 2-year rolling contract. You just don't want to accept the standard contract for a Div 2 manager : you want at least double and rolling on?! You're a bloody self-righteous, self pitying ****.
But very kind of you to turn down the big offers from other clubs to "save" Exeter City. Perhaps Arsenal will give you a chance. Or maybe you just didn't have the b*lls to take on a bigger club anyway. Tired of these excuse-laden, self-promoting and self pitying comments. If you are such a genius go prove it with another club, eh? Tisdale : the club will survive without you : don't worry!
Sorry, maybe the heat and humidity of Singapore, but this makes my blood boil.

Last edited:

IndoMike

And by the way , most of the football you have served up the last 6 seasons has been a load of sh*te and has bored the fans to death.

Pete Martin (CTID)

What a thoroughly disappointing treatise of complaints.

“I don’t think I can stomach another five years of doing the same thing, hanging on. The crossroads is coming and I’m saying, ‘OK, I’d consider staying, but only if there’s a shift towards progression.’ Even just competing with our peers would be a start. This is a moment for the club to decide. The supporters’ trust was formed 17 years ago and has done a magnificent job, but we haven’t moved forward.”

I beg to differ. It is demonstrable that more has been achieved off the pitch in the 15 years of Trust majority control than had been the case in the previous 95 years of professional football at SJP. It is on the pitch where we've not progressed to any significant degree and I'm not convinced that is all related to money.

PeteUSA

How on earth has Tisdale got the clout to get his article put in The Times? The whole thing is as boring as buggery, and I cant understand why the editor would find it worth publishing. Personally I think this whole issue could backfire on him if hes looking for pity, and he'll end up alienating himself from the supporters.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season I think Tisdale should leave. He obviously thinks he's the bee's knee's as far as managers go. He doesnt mention that he learned his managerial trade on our 12 year watch, and gives the impression that he revolutionised the club from day one. He was a learner who was flanked by Perryman and coaches of proven pedigree. To this day I'm not sure he's the complete package, with his curious team selections and stratagies; and I'm not happy that hes taking the credit for the players he sold for big money i.e. Grimes, Watkins, and Ampadu. It seems like five minutes ago he was signing the likes of Parkin, and repeatedly playing an over the hill Oakley.

Avening Posse

Beg to differ chaps, I always thought he would leave if we got promoted, and wouldn't blame him. His meaning behind his words about the Trust ring true, 100k a year from owners is nothing compared to other owners which definitely affects progression. If the youth system had not been successful we would be up s__t creek. On the other side of the coin my gripe is the entertainment factor, I don't think he considers that enough when deciding tactics (certainly of late anyway). Seems to me this is std negotiation but NOT happy with the timing. It will no doubt stimulate debate on here though :). He's the most successful manager we have had by a mile

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

He's the most successful manager we have had by a mile
When I started watching ECFC we were a league one club (Alan Ball was the manager).

We are now a league 2 club and Tisdale has been manager for an absolute age.

Has any other manager lost more matches whilst leading ECFC ??

Stats can be great however it depends how you use them.

Tisdale's period as manager of ECFC has been mediocre imho.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

I beg to differ. It is demonstrable that more has been achieved off the pitch in the 15 years of Trust majority control than had been the case in the previous 95 years of professional football at SJP. It is on the pitch where we've not progressed to any significant degree and I'm not convinced that is all related to money.
I totally agree Pete. To say "we haven't moved forward" is an absolute insult to all of the people instrumental in moving us forward. Hes digging himself into a hole he'll find difficult to climb out of.

Brinty IFA

When I started watching ECFC we were a league one club (Alan Ball was the manager).

We are now a league 2 club and Tisdale has been manager for an absolute age.

Has any other manager lost more matches whilst leading ECFC ??

Stats can be great however it depends how you use them.

Tisdale's period as manager of ECFC has been mediocre imho.
I'm not sticking up for him but you're missing the big chunk between Ball and Tiz. You can use statistics but it seems that you can also re-write history to forget about us being relegated out of the league and being within an inch of extinction.. I started watching in the early-mid 80's and would say that the last 10 years have been the most stable for the club in my time. Saying that, I'm beginning to believe that is more because of the ownership model than the manager....

Alistair20000

Let it not be forgotten amidst all the sobbery and hand wringing that the contract situation was caused by the failure of Julian Tagg to have the "grown up conversation" with Paul Tisdale about the roller. This led to the quite remarkable situation of the normally docile Trust membership losing patience and passing the AGM motion.