Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Tisdale "The whole thing has been hurtful"

Re: Tisdale "The whole thing has been hurtful"

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    You mean you want to change the rules of democracy when it suits you.
    Nice to see you've finally accepted the referendum vote then Mike ......banter not sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Nice to see you've finally accepted the referendum vote then Mike ......banter not sarcasm
    Haha! So you've got me cornered.
    The ironic thing is that the trickery was in the referendum propaganda and not the Trust members vote. Still waiting for the 350m a week extra to be designated to the NHS.
    But, Putin will be happy with the referendum result : nice work by his mates to muddy the waters with the cyber attacks.
    Anyway, it's Saturday morning, the sun is shining and it's me and the missus' quality time day, so I'll come back to you later on this. Have a great day in Aussie.
    Mike
    PS. I'm hoping to get back to Exeter in early May to see the final push for promotion : hope I can get some tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    I really would like to see the trust looking actively for ways to engage with as many of its members as possible and to make every effort to inform them of what is at stake in any motion and make it easy for them to be able to vote on that without having to attend. I know we have postal voting but jeez, we are in the 21st century. Surely we can include an online option? The trust seems stuck in the pre electronic paper communication age. If democracy is going to be truly served the trust must do absolutely everything it can to ensure all the membership are fully informed of what is happening and to spell out the consequences of any vote.
    It seems we've finally found something we're in complete agreement about Geoff! The problem with any physical 'in person' meeting of an organisation with 3000 members is that there's never going to be enough space or time for the whole membership to have their say and make their minds up on what they heard. If we wanted the Trust to do this we'd have to take over the park and spend about 6 weeks there.

I've suggested a few times the setting up of a trust forum, but unlike previous attempts, one that includes the ability for members to vote online. One that gives members the opportunity to fully debate and discuss issues with other members and the members of the TB, before casting a vote.
    I think i put this in my manifesto when i stood for the TB, and in the past had discussions with Nick Hawker (before he became Trust chair) about working on this together, and last year volunteered for the communications working group, specifically so i could work on this idea. However i became unwell about 6 months ago and realised i wasn't able to take part as i'd hoped. But i'm still dtermined to work on this and believe if we as the Trust are serious about improving engagement and making ordinary members feel empowered and thus more likely to keep up their membership, we MUST embrace the 21st century and the ease of group communication, technology has given us.
    Last edited by Red Bill; 14 April 2018 at 10:15.