• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The End of Season Run In

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I seem to remember we were already champions when we travelled to Lincoln and thrashed them, playing with complete and total freedom of a team with nothing more to worry about so I've absolutely no doubt Accers will be very much up for demolishing Wycombe.
Absolutely Geoff, Luton have 3 games to go and are back in form (won 4 of their last 5), so are potentially capable of getting 92 points. Accrington therefore need 93 to be certain of winning the league, so even if they win midweek they will still be massively up for Wycombe

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has no one said that there is now 3 cup finals to play?

jimbo-gould

Akinfenwa went off injured for Wycombe during the game last night, so he could be a big miss if he were to weren't to play in some games for them.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has no one said that there is now 3 cup finals to play?
Yes, Pym in the post match media last night

3 cup finals I can take, it's the potential for 3 more after that I can't
The joy of pipping Wycombe to 3rd would be more than seeing Argyle relegated to Conference South

Red Devon

Looking at the fixtures, it would put the cat amongst the pigeons if Luton were to lose their next two games.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Luton will get 2nd & I think City & Akinfenwas Boys will get seven points from the last 3 meaning 4th for City....

IMO

It could even go down to goal difference

Last edited:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
You just know it will come down to the last day. City have won all 3, having scraped past Colchester 1-0 with a late win
Wycombe need a win to deny us promotion having drawn with Accy and beaten Chesterfield
It's gone past 5.00pm. Everyone is just stood/sat in an excited hush frantically checking phones. The players are on the pitch ambling about.
It's 1-1 at Adams Park into the 103rd minute...

Red Devon

Luton will get 2nd & I think City & Akinfenwas Boys will get seven points from the last 3 meaning 4th for City....

IMO

It could even go down to goal difference
Personally don’t think Wycombe’s games are as easy as some may think Accrington and Chesterfield could well end in draws then they finish with their local derby against Stevenage.

StroudGrecian

City have won all 3
I can virtually guarantee that this won't happen.

LOG

I've got a bad feeling about Saturday.