• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where do you follow ECFC?

Andy Holloway

A magazine I subscribe to that is distributed and read around the World, has a feature where readers send in photos of where they read their copy. It provides some wonderful opportunities from stood in front of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio to a slightly damp one taken at 60ft while diving in Seychelles!

Looking at where Grecians are living around the UK/World what would be the interest on Exeweb for a similar thread?

It doesn' t have to be abroad as I' m sure that there are equally interesting places to follow ECFC in UK.

A photo would obviously be great but, equally, a description of where you listen to ECFC games in UK would suffice.

As an example, a friend whose lives too far away from SJP to attend home matches used to phone his 'old mum' about 10 minutes before kick off on home games Saturdays. He'd chat to her for a fees minutes, then she'd put the phone next to the radio and he'd listen to the BBC Radio Devon commentary. He'd chat briefly to her again during half time and at the final whistle before saying his farewells until the next home match!

What do others think?

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I knew how to upload a photo I would. Unfortunately I'm think and have a zero IT rating.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wrong thread

Last edited:

tallone

Penang in Malaysia via iFollow... live except for evening kick offs, which are on at stupid o’clock out here.
One comment re the latter.. which I intend to contact them about.. it’s nigh on impossible to access the full replays without seeing the score first. ��

scottus86

I have ifollow too. I'm following city from Punta Arenas in Chile. I've managed to find somewhere in the world that has worse weather than the UK.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I follow from Sydney. I use Ifollow now on a pay as you go basis. I only pay for night games (early morning here) as the 3pm vary from starting at midnight to 2am depending upon the time of year and I cannot stay awake as my body clock is used to getting up at 6am. I read the thread on here instead from start to finish without knowing the score

Andy Holloway

If I knew how to upload a photo I would. Unfortunately I'm think and have a zero IT rating.
Mike, Although they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words' how about 1001 words telling us about how you follow ECFC from 7250+ miles away!

shining path

Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Red Nose

I've listened to a City game in the middle of the Outback in Australia (a few miles from Uluru). There was no internet, so my mate phoned his mum in Devon who placed the phone next to the radio tuned to Radio Devon (we lost to Argyle :( )

I've also listened to a game in a hotel in Bangladesh, where we hijacked into the hotels phone line to get online (I think we won that one, but I don't recall the opposition).

Finally, I also persuaded a local bar in Berlin to show City vs. Hereford live on Setanta, when we were in the Conference. The locals were highly amused. (We lost).

Last edited:

KWSGrecian

Going to be following them from Sydney next year as I'm taking a year abroad from Uni!