• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans watching England...

DanceMagnet

Nothing to suggest that City fans were involved in the trouble tonight other than the image within the article...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43523696

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing to suggest that City fans were involved in the trouble tonight other than the image within the article...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43523696
Don't they ever learn?

Well-known Exeweb poster
not to sure of what went on or whose fault is was but hanging flags for a couple of 'holiday snaps' hardly justifies getting attacked does it or you think ir does, abso 4 sure the cops wouldnt have been far away when they hung them... the dutch dont need much of an excuse to kick of , ive seen the central station wrecked by dutch fans a couple of times for no other reason than they were there.. no opposing fans NADA..

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah reading the article indo your right they never learn , looks like some dickheads got ****ed and probably stoned in and around the red light district.. and english dickheads DONT learn.. thats why they are dickheadssocially retarded ignorant stupid tw ts .. unfortunatly england and especially its football is full of them. .. . sort of goes part way to explaining engalnd as a footballin nations lack of success on the feild . unfortunatly

Last edited:

Doug3101

The thing is, some of these morons will think they will be able to rock up in Russia and behave like this.
Given the current political situation and the Russian football firms chilling warnings, you can easily predict that any Englishman going will be fair game to either the thugs or the police.
They have been warned but most will ignore those warnings.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Tourists on a boat going down the Canel - England fans chucking beers at them?....embarrassing

Benguin

Very sad bunch of fat old men.
The boat thing was beyond embarrassing and you know these bullies will go nowhere near Russia.
How long before we hear them whining about the Dutch police. Trouble is here they are treated with kids gloves.

Well-known Exeweb poster
The thing is, some of these morons will think they will be able to rock up in Russia and behave like this.
Given the current political situation and the Russian football firms chilling warnings, you can easily predict that any Englishman going will be fair game to either the thugs or the police.
They have been warned but most will ignore those warnings.
they will be in for a true shock.. from what ive read the russian cops DO NOT hold bac personally given its overall anti gay stance and its indemic racial issues.. imo its a mistake giving the games to russia..but mever mind if either of those dont rear their head VAR will but in and help f it up OF THAT i'm sure for a startn NO REFS WILL HAVE USED IT IN COMPETATIVE GAMES. i LOVE world cups but this one has so many elements battling to help ruin it seems naive to think at least one wont kic in and help do it .
.. but no worries the russians WILL deny it, making a proportion of the world will speculate on it so all will be well. but hey lets hope i'm totally wrong and all runs smoothly .

Last edited:

Red Bill

Personally i hope those Stone Island clad, brain dead fascist morons, with their Ladybird book of history and Janet and John do politics book, do go to Russia, because the Russian polce will destroy them and hopefully kick out their shared brain cell. Unfortunately thanks to May's; 'please save hopeless me and my party' approach to diplomacy and foreign policy, i expect many decent English fans will receive the same treatment!

Legohead

Banned
The situation with England fans in Amsterdam simply mimics the behaviour of many, many people out on the town in any UK place on a weekend, just minus the flags.

It's a cultural problem with the British and will never go away. It is also exacerbated when you chuck in this 'island mentality' which masquerades as patriotism and then further exacerbated when you factor in that most of these perpetrators also have no intelligence.

It's certainly a heady mix.

Fans of other countries are equally as bad though so i'm not just slating the English. The Germans, Dutch, Croatians etc know how to have a drink and act like animals but with the English there always seems to be an air of embarrassment and 'unprofessionalism' about our hooligans. Like they've just got out of bed, drunk 20 pints and are just doing aeroplanes in the street and chucking random items at innocent passers by.

Go to Amsterdam with your mates, leave the flags and England related paraphernalia at home, get plastered if you wish, mix with the locals, sing football songs WITH the locals if you want but not AT the locals, mingle, enjoy, eat, learn, watch the footy and come home safe, well, having had a great time and at the same time having built positive bonds between the English and our Dutch counterparts.

That would have been my advice but hey, i'm not a neanderthal.

Last edited: