• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Badge revamp anyone?

Legohead

Banned
I was thinking about this the other day and wondered what others thoughts were about a badge revamp on the shirts etc? Obviously there has been much consternation made of some decisions to change the badges / crests of clubs and i highlight Leeds United specifically but many other clubs have changed badges completely or revamped the current crest.

I'm not talking about changing the crest at Exeter but more if the more modern bold capital letter typeface of EXETER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB that is used on the club crest for many other things in the club shop and in the programmes, website etc could be used on or around the badge on the shirts / shorts etc so that when we wear our shirts then a passer by would instantly be able to identify that the shirt is an Exeter City one.

No end of times i've had people come up to me to take a closer look at the badge on my shirt to ask what club it is as the writing is too small. I think we need to have the words EXETER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB in clear visible big letters on the badge to make it instantly recognizable.

Probably just semantics but it would save me from having to interact with random strangers all the time if they could clearly see the name of the club whose shirt i've got on. ;)

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
People do the same to the ar**le badge ........... but then they look at the person with a little sympathy and say " sorry for supporting such a dogshiite team" lol

I always prefer to wear our old badge with the football on it.

UTC

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Considering the shield crest with ‘EXETER CITY FC’ written underneath is used as the main crest on club memorabilia and the like these days, it wouldn’t surprise me if that crest was to be used on the shirts going forward.

I must admit I wasn’t a fan of the revamp of the crest at first when the club started using it, but over time I’ve grown to love it and think it has a modern and classy look to it.

Legohead

Banned
Considering the shield crest with ‘EXETER CITY FC’ written underneath is used as the main crest on club memorabilia and the like these days, it wouldn’t surprise me if that crest was to be used on the shirts going forward.

I must admit I wasn’t a fan of the revamp of the crest at first when the club started using it, but over time I’ve grown to love it and think it has a modern and classy look to it.
Same here Sumner. I thought the new style crest was a bit cheap and tacky but over time, like you i've come to think it's actually quite trendy and modern.