• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More of the same from Steve Perryman

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having read the article twice I'm still not sure what its about!

Football is taking notice of us now and know we are a serious club even though we've got no money. I mean WTF is he banging on about.

"there's a power in the environment we have here to all work together and work to improve" surely this is the same across all teams throughout the land whether you're in football or another job?

Its the sort of article that might inspire a 7 year old City fan reading it but not the majority.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
More talking us down. Hardly inspiring stuff

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
More talking us down. Hardly inspiring stuff
Do not see it as talking us down just a down to earth appraisal of where the Club now stands.

ExeterCityLad

What a pointless article

crocks

It is time to go Mr Perrryman - perhaps you need to contact the docs to up the dosage :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
See now I read that as " I've done my level best at getting the best value for money on bringing players in by tugging heartstrings of other clubs and while i'm talking about Exeter i'll make sure the Ampadu transfer has a bit of airtime "

Someone at the FA / Chelsea / Tribunal may be reading it to help hurry things along.

David Treharne

I am not here to act as apologist for Steve Perryman, but it does seem to me that you get the answers to the questions you ask, and Brent Pilnik (for it is he) doesn't seem to have asked any questions that might give an insight into Perryman's involvement in the Club and the decision to retire. Instead, he asked about the easy (and very obvious) topic of finance and the selling of players - in which Steve has played an immensely important part for Exeter City. In fact I'd go as far as to say that if you have any burning questions that you want to ask him you could always ask them of him on matchday. He's usually available at the front of the Flybe stand. Question perhaps ought to be "What was Brent Pilnik trying to elicit?"

malcolms

I am not here to act as apologist for Steve Perryman, but it does seem to me that you get the answers to the questions you ask, and Brent Pilnik (for it is he) doesn't seem to have asked any questions that might give an insight into Perryman's involvement in the Club and the decision to retire. Instead, he asked about the easy (and very obvious) topic of finance and the selling of players - in which Steve has played an immensely important part for Exeter City. In fact I'd go as far as to say that if you have any burning questions that you want to ask him you could always ask them of him on matchday. He's usually available at the front of the Flybe stand. Question perhaps ought to be "What was Brent Pilnik trying to elicit?"
Sorry, but I refuse to believe anyone has a name like Brent Pilnik, it surely must be a nom de plume...

Red Bill

I read it as; 'just because we've made a lot from transfers recently don't assume we're rich and start asking silly money for players we're interested in'