• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One or League Two.....That is the question?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fail to get promoted and any player with ambition to play at a higher level will inevitably question whether the Club and Tisdale really have the same ambition and will look to move on. We could therefore lose JMT, Pym and possibly also Troy Brown, Stockley and Holmes. Some might say the latter would be no great loss but in my view, although he can blow hot and cold and be very frustrating, he is a quality player.

Should this happen we will be left with the bare bones of a squad which if not strengthened significantly would see us spending the season at the wrong end of the table. Unless some gems appear from out of the ranks of the academy or we end up being awarded a decent wedge by the eventual Ethan tribunal we are very unlikely to be challenging for a promotion place.

If we somehow succeed in getting promoted then the players mentioned above would probably all stay with the Club. However even with them staying there would have to be significant comings and goings within the squad if we were to have any hope of avoiding going straight back down again.

My concern would be that unlike Evans, who love him or hate him has a more than decent record of achieving promotion at higher levels than League One and is not afraid to go into a Club and make wholesale changes, Tisdale is very cautious does not like taking risks and as much as it would be necessary to do so is unlikely to take what he would perceive to be such drastic action. All this now begs the question is Tisdale the man to steer the Club through the choppy waters that now lie ahead.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regardless of what league we are in there needs to be a big overhaul. Jones is here to replace Pym. JMT will be a massive loss.

Promotion or not Tisdale will give an extra year to those that should be moved on.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I genuinely think we would get walloped in league 1 with the current squad.....

As Manc says Jones will replace Pym next sseason, If we lost JMT Or Stockley it would be a disaster

The squad is so much weaker than last season without Wheeler , Reid & Watkins.....

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know about Reid, but definitely Wheeler and Watkins are big losses.

Would need a big overhaul to survive in L1. Midfielders are not up to that level apart from maybe Jake Taylor. Would need 3 new first choice midfielders and a strike partner for stockley.

PeteUSA

Promotion or not Tisdale will give an extra year to those that should be moved on.
How do you know that Tisdale will be here to dish out the extra years? He has so much lost the plot lately that I would doubt if he'll be here after his contract expires. I know Tagg proclaimed he was dealing with Tisdales contract earlier in the season. Luckily I'm assuming the trust stepped in and put the blocks on that move, since nothings been done yet judging from Tisdales apparent attitude. To me, he's certainly acting like hes got a permanent cob-on.

Banksy

Tisdale is not up to it , too cautious and set in his ways , and I wouldn't fancy him building a squad for League 1 if we even made it there.
We're getting stale , time for a much needed change of manager and thinking.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regardless of what division we are in next season, players will move on and players will come in.

A slight concern is that we don't currently have a Grimes, Watkins, Ampadu to sell on and the money gained through sales will soon dry up.

Whatever happened to Sparkes? At the start of the year he was supposed to be the next Messi. Does he even play in the under 23 games?

LDNGrecian

Tisdale is not up to it , too cautious and set in his ways , and I wouldn't fancy him building a squad for League 1 if we even made it there.
We're getting stale , time for a much needed change of manager and thinking.
So we've been a long ball team for the last 10 years or has Tisdale changed his tactics?

Antony Moxey

Fail to get promoted and any player with ambition to play at a higher level will inevitably question whether the Club and Tisdale really have the same ambition and will look to move on.
Sorry, I can’t agree with that whatsoever. The ability to gain promotion has nothing whatsoever to do with ambition. I’ll accept players might wish to move on but I cannot accept that it would be because of a perceived lack of ambition. Perhaps it might be as appropriate to question whether the player’s own ability matches their ambition.

Antony Moxey

The squad is so much weaker than last season without Wheeler , Reid & Watkins.....
Well duh. We sell nigh on £2.5M worth of players and then complain the squad’s weaker. Do you really expect us to replace like for like?