Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisdale to Southampton

Re: Tisdale to Southampton

Could you imagine all his excuses live on sky. Also there would be another plus. Paul loves a good ex team player come back. The saints have some prolific players who've left.

Looks like Mark Hughes in line for the job anyway.

Why wouldn't he be? He's been a huge success everywhere he's been.

Managed Man City, Fulham, QPR and Stoke since leaving Blackburn in 2008. 10 years of nothingness.

tbh if i was a Saints fan i'd rather have Tisdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Looks like Mark Hughes in line for the job anyway.

Why wouldn't he be? He's been a huge success everywhere he's been.

Managed Man City, Fulham, QPR and Stoke since leaving Blackburn in 2008. 10 years of nothingness.

tbh if i was a Saints fan i'd rather have Tisdale.

The merry-go -round continues. Didn't he play for Saints at the end of his career?

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    The merry-go -round continues. Didn't he play for Saints at the end of his career?
    Yes, he did. Just Googled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Could you imagine all his excuses live on sky. Also there would be another plus. Paul loves a good ex team player come back. The saints have some prolific players who've left.
    "They had the right to try to score".

"It was a good game of football".

Silva will get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian_Matt View Post
    Silva will get the job.
    Linked to the Benfica job but i wouldn't rule it out.

Perhaps the Southampton board have never heard of Alex Neil? Came from Hamilton Accies who he got promoted back into the SPL and then joined Norwich who he also got promoted back into the Prem. Got them relegated but mainly due to a lack of spending from the Canaries who still have big problems at the club financially. Neil is at Preston now where he's spent buttons, sold some of his best players like Hugill and still they are knocking on the play off door.

Perhaps the Southampton board have never heard of Chris Wilder? Got Oxford out of the the National League, into the league 2 play offs before joining Northampton who he got promoted into league 1 before joining Sheff U who he got promoted into the Championship and who now sit just outside the play offs in their first season back at that level.

Perhaps the Southampton board have never heard of Lee Johnson? Worked wonders at Oldham on peanuts and selling his better players. Went to Barnsley and took them up into the Championship and now on the verge of the play offs in that league with Bristol City and loves high tempo attacking football.

Southampton are just another Premiership club who don't appear to know that football exists in England outside their own league. This must explain why Prem clubs continually go for non descript foreign managers all the time.
    Last edited by Legohead; 13 March 2018 at 14:48.

I can see Silva taking the benfica job. Why would you chose Southampton over champions league football every year.

Brendan Rodgers has reignited his career in the Scottish league. Many big teams want him these days

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I can see Silva taking the benfica job. Why would you chose Southampton over champions league football every year.

Brendan Rodgers has reignited his career in the Scottish league. Many big teams want him these days
    Southampton would pay more money i would have thought and that's usually what swings it.

I think Brendan Rodgers would be a great appointment. I don't think you can read too much into his success at Celtic. I'm sure if Tis managed Celtic this season he'd be finishing at least runners up so in that respect you can't really judge Rodgers i don't think although he's done incredibly well there (apart from in Europe) there is no denying.

He deserves another crack at a Prem job and i'd like to see him back. Southampton would be ideal for him IMO.

Didn't Rodgers get the Swansea job when Tisdale turned it down?