• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to Southampton

Fareham Grecian

Well someone had to start it...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, they didn’t...

Angus

What a waste of invaluable internet space.

PeteUSA

What a waste of invaluable internet space.
I think its worth a thread, given Tisdales previous Southampton connection. Unfortunately I think its as much as Tisdale can do to do a job for us at the moment, let alone go after what one would assume would be a dream job for him. It would appear his enthusiasm's gone out of the window given his reaction after the Carlisle game: "I thought we played well". I think hes in a bit of a rut over his future, and this whole notice period thing is giving his ego a severe dent. Quite frankly, I wouldnt mind if it was the parting of the ways between the club and Tisdale when the two year notice is up. The trust shouldnt entertain any kind of recommendation from the hierarchy that Tisdale gets anymore than a one year renewable contract, and his salary should be frozen at where he's at. He's doing nothing thus far to strengthen his case as our manager for the future.

Antony Moxey

It’s not worth a thread Pete, it’s just a tedious joke that wore thin years ago when we used to get ‘Tisdale to...’ threads appearing every time a manager was sacked. If there was any genuine mileage in it then maybe, but there isn’t, despite his supposed connection from a couple of decades ago.

Banksy

Yawn , he's got enough problems here trying to work out our tactics and coping with a muddy pitch.....

Angus

Pete Southampton are looking for a manager who's proven to keep premiership teams up with very little time. They're in a survival situation as far as the prem goes. Tisdale's name wouldn't have even been mentioned at this time. Can we now move on because again we're wasting internet space.

IndoMike

It’s not worth a thread Pete, it’s just a tedious joke that wore thin years ago when we used to get ‘Tisdale to...’ threads appearing every time a manager was sacked. If there was any genuine mileage in it then maybe, but there isn’t, despite his supposed connection from a couple of decades ago.
This is true

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Nothing supposed about Sir Tiz of the Dales connection with Southampton 91-97 , 18 first team appearances.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale isnt the man for a short term relegation scrap. I can see them bringing in someone like Mark Hughes and then sacking him in summer when they drop into the Championship. Then they will phone Tisdale in July and he will be given time to rebuild....

(LLL)