• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planks

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
In my lifetime i have been fortunate enough to see many planks throughout the world. Some short, some long, some well shaven, some frayed at the edges.
(Just to clarify, a plank is not a log and a log is not a plank, in case you were confused).
My favorite book on planks is entitled "Planks" and is considered by contemplative types to be a major work .
i have spent many an hour sitting and observing planks : the way the sun reflects on them and the sense of isolation that they must feel. Prince Charles of Great Britain is a renowned plank enthusiast and is often seen talking gently to them whilst sipping a jasmine tea from his mother's favorite drinking utensil acquired from a certain emperor named Ming Dynasty.
Anyway, I was wondering if you would like to share your experiences with planks and the advantages and disadvantages of keeping a plank in the home.
I do hope that you will join in this discussion and that you agree that the topic of planks is worthy of our utmost attention.
PS. I hope that readers will not diverse from the topic: I really don't want people to be chatting about wood or trees or any other absurd, unrelated matter and have forewarned the mods that I will not stand for it.

Last edited:

Banksy

Well , I've met a right load of planks in my longish lifetime.They probably thought I was a right one too.
Certainly I can't see the wood from the trees sometimes.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I'll admit I have on occasion come across such planks some have been of the longer thinner variety whereas others seem to have been of the shorter thicker type. Even worse is when you come across a pair of them at the same time.

In fact only this morning I think I came across another type of plank which no matter how hard I try I cant seem to drive anything home into it ! I've tried the nice route but this particular plank seems harder than others to realise at the end of the day I have the patience of a saint when getting to my ultimate goal.

If this doesn't work then I may have to sand or BLOCK it so as it doesn't waste any more of my precious time.

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
No trip to the town centre is complete without a long plank being carried over one shoulder.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try to avoid the china shop though. ...

IndoMike

Well , I've met a right load of planks in my longish lifetime.They probably thought I was a right one too.
Certainly I can't see the wood from the trees sometimes.
Please remember wood and trees are forbidden topics in this highly interesting discussion. But thank you for your comments. i'm not sure that you look like a plank, though, since I don't think you're made from the "w" word

IndoMike

No trip to the town centre is complete without a long plank being carried over one shoulder.
Would it be a plank from of the British or foreign variety

IndoMike

I'll admit I have on occasion come across such planks some have been of the longer thinner variety whereas others seem to have been of the shorter thicker type. Even worse is when you come across a pair of them at the same time.

In fact only this morning I think I came across another type of plank which no matter how hard I try I cant seem to drive anything home into it ! I've tried the nice route but this particular plank seems harder than others to realise at the end of the day I have the patience of a saint when getting to my ultimate goal.

If this doesn't work then I may have to sand or BLOCK it so as it doesn't waste any more of my precious time.
Interesting comment about thick planks. I guess most planks are thick but the rarely seen thin, spotted plank is a delight to behold

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I have dragged a couple of planks around town with me, Makes it hard when you are trying to get an alcoholic beverage in some places as the guv'nors see the planks you are with and wont admit you.

iscalad

If you've got a spare hour

https://vimeo.com/166868508