• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2. 13 March 2018

Rog H K

Time to cash in the games in hand. Wilson should be back and hopefully provide a bit of width tonight. Won't be any worry about tonights game going ahead, 'Tiz the only dry day all week. I see snow is forcast in Exeter again at the weekend! Brrrrr! No more injuries tonight please[G](flex)(flex)[ecfc]

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD1. 13 March 2018

As long as we dont continue with the scintilating style of football that was served up last saturday, we ought to get something from this game. If we lose, with another s**t display in front of a poor City attendance, we'll know I think that we're in a false position and punching above our weight.

I hope I'm proved wrong, as most exewebbers seem to say to avoid being set upon! :(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Re: Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD1. 13 March 2018

Headphones on tonight listening to the game. Oh the joys of being a season ticket holder! Hope that those that go are better entertained that we were on Saturday. Expecting an attendance nearer 3,000 that 4,000.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/03/13/next-up-exeter-city-vs-yeovil-town-2/

Legohead

Banned

Ordinarily i'd like to see some proper decent football being played but with less than 10 games to go now i think it's more a case of just getting the job done. Hopefully we can get the 3 points tonight by hook or by crook to set us up for Saturday.

Interested to see what the attendance will be also.

COYG!!

David Treharne

For what it's worth at 10.30 on an evening game matchday it's 10c with a brisk WNW wind blowing. There's 75% grey cloud cover with the sun trying to break through. There was a trace of precipitation in the 24hours to 10.00 but as Rog HK notes it's likely to be the only mainly rain free day of the week. The pitch isn't in great condition ( English understatement) but at least it ought to be dry, and I expect it will have been rolled to give a better flow to the ball on the ground - if it ever is. Yeovil have a very poor away record, but as has been noted elsewhere, always seem to turn up against City. Difficult game to call. I'll update at around 18:00 unless there is a strange and unexpected weather phenomenon twixt now and then

LOG

I was at SJP yesterday evening and i didn't think the pitch looked too bad, all things considered. I couldn't tell how damp it was, mind, so it could turn into a mess after 5 minutes.

[/IMG]

LOG

What does LD1 mean in the thread title? Asking for a friend.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

"Bring a friend, if you have one" (GBS to Winston Churchill, allegedly).

Colesman Ballz

Ordinarily i'd like to see some proper decent football being played but with less than 10 games to go now i think it's more a case of just getting the job done. Hopefully we can get the 3 points tonight by hook or by crook to set us up for Saturday.

Interested to see what the attendance will be also.

COYG!!
Totally agree with your sentiments Legohead, but including tonight we have a minimum of 12 matches to go, and possibly 14 or 15 if we are involved with the lottery of the play-offs !

And a fact for the miserablists out there, If we win tonight, and Chesterfield fail to win at Cheltenham on Saturday we will be mathematically certain of playing in the EFL again next season, with still around a quarter of the season left to play ! Hopefully of course it will be in League One rather than where we are now !

UTC !

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Local Derby?