Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2. 13 March 2018

Re: Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2. 13 March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    I am convinced that losing Reid has been a significant factor. He had an excellent ability to hold the ball up so that other players could get up and join the attack (as we usually play so deep). We have lost that since he departed as we have nobody else who is much good at it.
    Spot on, Pete. As I said earlier; with the Reid/Stockley conundrum, its becoming blindingly obvious that Tisdale should have stuck with Reid. Hes missed in so many ways, and I'm not sure Stockley is as good as all that. Its not necessarily his fault since as Ant implies, he seldom receives the ball in decent fashion. That miss last night though..... Terrible!

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Re: Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2. 13 March 2018

Rueben Reid is one of the best strikers in the division and a proven scorer at this level - were no way near good enough to lose a player of that quality and not suffer

Reid and Stockley was never given a chance by Tisdale - it could if worked given time, but instead we've just decided to launch balls in the wind up to Stockley

Reid and Stockley as a pairing with legs around them in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 would of been dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Spot on, Pete. As I said earlier; with the Reid/Stockley conundrum, its becoming blindingly obvious that Tisdale should have stuck with Reid. Hes missed in so many ways, and I'm not sure Stockley is as good as all that. Its not necessarily his fault since as Ant implies, he seldom receives the ball in decent fashion. That miss last night though..... Terrible!
    That’s odd! I must be imagining that you used to constantly slag Reuben off for being fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Dale View Post
    Absolutely agree Pete . I suspect there are many others too who would also support that view ...which is almost certainly the reason why crowds have rarely topped 4000 since his premature departure. That and the mid numbing team selections at times when the club has an array of youthful talent available in some key positions.
    Me too I was excited when Tisdale made his September signings and felt it would put a seal on what looked like being a very memberable season for all the right reasons. However I also feel strongly that as Reid and Stockley were not similar players each having different qualities had Reid wanted to he could and should have formed a successful partnership with Stockley. In my view the reason it did not work was simply because Reid made no attempt to make it work.

Truth is before Stockley arrived Reid was the “king of the castle” and did not take kindly to having to share his throne with Stockley.

Think Reid had run his course at city. He was never going to be happy not being first choice. Tisdale failure to get a decent replacement is the biggest failure. Macca inconsistent, Jay unproven, Simpson unbelievably bad, loft pointless.

We've lost someone capable of contributing 10-12 goals and not replaced them.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    We have been doing the same thing for the last 25 games but expecting a different result. We have to accept that our team has been mediocre since game 10 : our eyes and results can't deceive us for so long. When we win it's usually a struggle : we can't win with ease even against the poorest sides. The players are trying hard, I'm sure, but some of them are not good enough and the team set-up is always passive and on the back foot. It's just no good - a spade is a spade. I am not optimistic at all about this team, but there is always the dream. Can't keep pretending any more that mutton is lamb.
    I stopped posting my opinions on the games weeks ago as I couldn't see many who agreed with me or could see what I was seeing and started to question my own eye sight but this post total reiterated every thing I was saying, Reid and Liam Mc were deadly at for the first quarter then Tisdale panicked and thought he might have to manage in league one, he has turned what was a good chance into a major battle, did one of them two player sh*g Tis's sister as they went from hero to zero in one week especially LMc, big big mistake in my opinion.

18 points from the last 10 games is average form to get into playoffs based on previous seasons. Yes the style hasn't been great but they are grinding out results. The most important thing is to build up form in the last 5 games. This will propel us up the league hopefully into the automatics but if not, we would do well in playoffs going in with good form.

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    18 points from the last 10 games is average form to get into playoffs based on previous seasons. Yes the style hasn't been great but they are grinding out results. The most important thing is to build up form in the last 5 games. This will propel us up the league hopefully into the automatics but if not, we would do well in playoffs going in with good form.
    Ok fine but who is going to score the goals to secure the wins that we now need just to keep us in the playoffs!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Ok fine but who is going to score the goals to secure the wins that we now need just to keep us in the playoffs!!?
    Surely LDNGrecian's point is that over our last 10 games we are at playoff level.