• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Final third thoughts

Red Monster

The difference with the sides around us and above us is they have 3-4 likely goal scorers who do it more consistently - take Stockley out and our top scorer is our right back in Sweeney with 6 goals (4-5 from the spot?)

All the sides above us have at least 2 players some have 3-4 who have 10+ goals and that's the reason why IMO City will fall short
Yes a lot of what you say is correct but PT has got a perfect record of getting to the play-off final ,then anything can
Happen .

Last season you thought we’d finish in the bottom half of the table,up to a couple of weeks you were saying 10th/12th
Position,so don’t write us off for a top 3 finish just yet , 3 Pts against Yeovil and we could be back on track.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
It must be so dispiriting for the players to get up for the next match and then go out to play in front of a bunch of miserable bastards like us.

denzil

It must be so dispiriting for the players to get up for the next match and then go out to play in front of a bunch of miserable bastards like us.
Not sure about the players motivation - come 90 minutes the players are in pocket whilst we're down on the deal by (for some) nearly £30 apiece

STURTZ

We have as many points over the last five games as anybody in league 2 apart from Accrington at the top and.......Carlisle in tenth.

Dubai Grecian

Not as dispiriting as when you are told the game plan for the next opponents "knock it long to JS", when you know it hasn't worked for the previous ten games

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Three points against Yeovil vital if we are to retain any likelihood of a top three finish. This then has to be followed by virtually a 100% record of wins over the remaining home games.

As others have said the real concern is where are the goals going to come from to win these games. Also defensively we will miss JMT’s spirit and leadership. Add to that Tisdale reverting to the tactic of hoof ball up to a lone Stockley whom even when he wins the ball usually has no one within 10 yards of himself to lay it off to and you do not have not have a recipe for success. I cannot understand why Tisdale appears to have given up hope of trying to find a partner for Stockley or why he is not giving Matt Jay more of an opportunity to fill that role.

Having said that as no team (present exception being Accrington) within the current contenders whether for the autos or playoffs is consistent if the season continues like this any combination of teams in the top seven places is likely to be possible right up to the final day.

geoffwp

There are two ways of looking at it. One is pessimistic ( some would say realistic, the other is optimistic ( some would call it unrealistic). Given that there is a lot of **** out there that causes most of us to feel pessimistic and doom laden I prefer at least to keep optimistic where city are concerned. All the issues aside, and there are enough of them, I 4-1 don't fear our chances in a play off. However I really could do without another visit to that concrete pile they call a national stadium so I'm going for an auto spot. We can do it, and I'll continue to believe we can until the maths lady sings to me.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have as many points over the last five games as anybody in league 2 apart from Accrington at the top and.......Carlisle in tenth.
Not so, actually, Mansfield are also in better form than us. We are W2 D2 L1. Mansfield are W2 D3.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table

In any case, selective use of statistics as we lost the previous game. Over the last 6 games we are only 13th (W2 D2 L2).

http://the72.co.uk/league-two-form-guide/

STURTZ

It's no good, I'm sick of watching this no hope team, we're going nowhere, why do I pay to watch this crap, I'm going to support Torquay......

Feel better now?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's no good, I'm sick of watching this no hope team, we're going nowhere, why do I pay to watch this crap, I'm going to support Torquay......

Feel better now?
No, my fervour for and commitment to City is undiminished despite the crap we have been served up in recent weeks, I shall be there tomorrow and all the remaining home games and a fair few away ones. Were you at Grimsby?

But purveying false information doesn't help anyone. As the Guardian says, facts are sacred.