• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pilchards

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone told my missus her elderly dog had been for too long a walk and now it's legs were aching. But not to worry as she was giving the dog pilchards for its tea.

Are pilchards the miracle cure for achey legs?

contrabombarde

Sorry Billy but I’m not going to take the bait.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Much the same as having cod liver oil I would imagine.

Grecian2K

Worth a try Billy, but be warned that giving the pooch a fishy diet is likely to result in it having terribly bad breath - a condition that I believe is called halibutosis.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hake to tell you but I think this is wind up people are trying to reel you in

STURTZ

Ocassionally look after a friends Springer, take it down the beach for a run on the sand. Trouble is he'll try and eat anything and takes particular delight in rancid dog fish washed up on the tide line. He runs toward you with this thing proudly held between his teeth and he just wont drop it. In desperation I grab the fishes tail and pull which results in the bone sliding between the dogs teeth whilst all the rotting flesh shreds onto the ground which the dog then laps up. Worse part is the trip home, the nauseating smell in the car takes weeks to clear.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
" I grab the fishes tail and pull "

Your words not mine

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm home from work and my legs are aching so, for research purposes, I'm having pilchards for tea. If the experiment proves successful I'll be getting Tisdale on Line 1 and reporting my findings first hand. Then trot out the old " 5 matches in 17days" excuse and I'll be on it let me tell you. That goes for you too Harley.

Alistair20000

We used to have pilchard salad sometimes for school dinner. The aforementioned pilchards (which might more properly have been called sardines) were served in a tomato sauce. It is the only school dinner I remember as being moderately tasty amidst the general dross served up.

Colesman Ballz

Pretty smart marketing move by them bauys t'other side of the Tamar, take a humble sardine, give it a new name and create your own unique product !

Bit surprised that they didn't call them Polchards or Penchards though !