• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe - 17th March.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The coach is half full & there should be the usual assortment of exiles on the north Lancashire coast for this game.

The ground is not in a great location since The Shrimps moved.I & a few others I expect,will be in The York Hotel pub(hope it’s still open !) which is near to where the former ground at Christie Park was situated.Its about a 20 minute walk from The Globe Arena.

Always a favourite trip of mine.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Skipping this one.

Oldsmobile-88

It is possible to do this on the train..A bit steep £160 return from Exeter,though by ticket splits it can be knocked down to around £130..To save a mad rush,anyone who is thinking about that option,get a taxi from the ground to Lancaster station & pick up the 1742 south.

I have decided to drive,even though I do not have a particularly economical motor,it’s still a lot cheaper than the train fare..

Oldsmobile-88

The ground is not in a great location since The Shrimps moved.I & a few others I expect,will be in The York Hotel pub(hope it’s still open !) which is near to where the former ground at Christie Park was situated.Its about a 20 minute walk from The Globe Arena.
Went past the York Hotel at 1150 & it was shut..!..It does not look permanent,but perhaps it’s just open in the evening.