• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle United Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having had success in the past (albeit a day early), I'll start this one! UTC

ExeterCityLad

Utc....3 points boys

Angus

Hope we win. This game is a milestone for me. I'm taking the boy to his first ever game. He's 4 years old and not really into footy but I'm hoping one live game with the atmosphere should do the trick.

C'mon City!

ECFC89

Too many people are over confident on this one. People seem to think this should be a nailed on three points. Carlisle have won four in a row.

PeteUSA

We really need 3 points. We'd still stay 6th in the table, but we need to pull away from the chasing pack. Swindon in 7th should beat Cheltenham at home which would see them leapfrog us shoving us to 7th if we lose. Coventry and Lincoln are too close for comfort.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Carlisle may have won the last 4 but their record against the higher teams is poor. If we go at them and get our noses in front, and make them take risks, we ought to be able to exploit that and take the points. All games crucial now, but this one is right up there UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon we can feel upbeat about this game, after all, we are now getting good competition for places all over the park. Wilson is out suspended but other players are returning at last in time for the promotion push. Keep the faith.

citizen

Will the game be on?
Its ****ing down again in Exmouth and it`s basically rained for two days?
I expect Carlisle are already in Exeter.
Lets face it the much maligned pitch is struggling .
I don`t fancy paying twice to watch another game.
UTC

STURTZ

I don't fancy travelling for another void match any chance of an early decision?

Rog H K

Been very wet over last couple days along with snow melt. Pitch will be heavy and sticky. Don't think todays footie will be pretty. Stockley target man day I reckon. Let's get the 3 points come rain or shine. Wonder what the Dr has in stall for us later. Bit silver grey out there in the heavens.