• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Company Accounts

REDMIKE

Now online at Companies House,not had time to look at them.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now online at Companies House,not had time to look at them.
Lots of things that you could pick up on but I will highlight a couple....

1. The accounts were seemingly signed last October but not filed until the end of February 2018...Why?

2. The control of the company is given as the ECFC Supporters Trust...strange wording given the fact that the BOD have responsibility (seemingly)

IndoMike

1. The accounts were seemingly signed last October but not filed until the end of February 2018...Why?

2. The control of the company is given as the ECFC Supporters Trust...strange wording given the fact that the BOD have responsibility (seemingly)
This question about who is accountable for what seems to raise its head frequently.

Antony Moxey

1. Did they need to be filed any sooner (genuine question)?

2. Is that just poorly worded perhaps confusing control with ownership?

And when you've got a bit of time I'd be interested to see the 'lots of things' you refer to.

geoffwp

And when you've got a bit of time I'd be interested to see the 'lots of things' you refer to.
I guess there weren't any then?

malcolms

1. No, they filed them within the required period, but the fact they signed them 5 months earlier almost suggests someone forgot to post them (not a serious suggestion)

2. Could be, but unlikely, these declarations normally reflect the reality.

No, I'm not going to run through the accounts line by line, you're a company director and I'm sure you can pick them out...

REDMIKE

1. No, they filed them within the required period, but the fact they signed them 5 months earlier almost suggests someone forgot to post them (not a serious suggestion)

2. Could be, but unlikely, these declarations normally reflect the reality.

No, I'm not going to run through the accounts line by line, you're a company director and I'm sure you can pick them out...
Malcolm what is your view on the registered address?

malcolms

Malcolm what is your view on the registered address?
I presumed it was the accountants, it often is....

malcolms

I presumed it was the accountants, it often is....
Sorry, I just read your post again RED MIKE... Were you referring to the Supporters Trust registered office? Looks like it's in the Science Park....

Last edited:

REDMIKE

Sorry, I just read your post again RED MIKE... Were you referring to the Supporters Trust registered office? Looks like it's in the Science Park....
Malcolm the club accounts state the Supporters Society Ltd registered office is Fairlawns ,Clyst Hydon but the Society accounts for the same year state their registered office as St James Park, all very strange.