• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets (2018-19)

Temporarily Exiled

A little premature, but no matches in nearly 2 weeks definitely brings that post-season feeling. We usually get Super Saver / Early Bird offers in March, but things are complicated this year by the new Stagecoach stand.

How are we expecting the club to deal with season tickets this year? No season-tickets for the new stand? Allow people to transfer over when the stand is complete? And as for pricing, what can we expect? Prices were frozen last year, but with better home form, the prospect of League 1 football, and the Main Stand selling out for seemingly most matches this season, I can see the club being tempted to raise prices. That said, I really, really hope they don't. The atmosphere this season has been better than in years, and with the recent sales, the club can't be hurting too much for money. Instead of squeezing every last penny from us and limiting support, I'd love to make it an aim to regularly get 4,000+ (if League 2) or 5,000+ (if League 1) into the Park.

So, your thoughts? If you can choose a seat in the new stand, will you move? And is anyone choosing not renew for the season ahead – and if so, why?

Boyo

An interesting post. I stand on the Bank so it doesn't really affect me, but the point of pricing for the new stand is interesting. The OG was always a few quid cheaper than the main stand, as the facilities were inferior, seats not very comfortable, pillars in sightlines etc. Arguably the new stand however, will be considered at least as good as the main stand, or arguably better (given it's new and has concourse bars etc). I would hazard a guess that the price for the new stand will be equal to, or higher than the main stand.

Matt Russell

I'm all for simplicity - a price to sit and a price to stand. No reason to over complicate things.

Angus

Sorry to jump off the ship ever so slightly and swim to shore but reading above you've mentioned bars. Will you be allowed to pop to the bar at half time for a swift beer? We've never had the luxery before.

If so I certainly would look into getting a season ticket

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to jump off the ship ever so slightly and swim to shore but reading above you've mentioned bars. Will you be allowed to pop to the bar at half time for a swift beer? We've never had the luxery before.

If so I certainly would look into getting a season ticket
A bar is planned behind/below the new stand.At the moment you can also pop out for a beer if you sit in the IP Stand,by going into the Centre Spot at HT..

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
A bar is planned behind/below the new stand.At the moment you can also pop out for a beer if you sit in the IP Stand,by going into the Centre Spot at HT..
How the other half live ! TBH by the time quite a few would get served behind the BB you would miss part of the second half.

Oldsmobile-88

How the other half live ! TBH by the time quite a few would get served behind the BB you would miss part of the second half.
Ha...Not that many use the bar,people usually scuttle out behind the IP Stand to have a fag or to get something from the Kenniford food stall..I pop into the Centre Spot to warm up & check the scores on Sky Sports News..

denzel

Not sure I'll renew on the BB this season. I like the idea of going in the NOG when it's finished, IPOS when I fancy splashing out, and back to the BB when the mood takes me.
Don't think I am really getting vfm with my ticket at the moment with all the deals around.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Once a Banker always a Banker lol

Tried sitting down for a couple of games and it doesn't really feel right and until my legs finally pack up i'll stand.

Matt Russell

Once a Banker always a Banker lol

Tried sitting down for a couple of games and it doesn't really feel right and until my legs finally pack up i'll stand.
You need to balance that with the benefit a couple of half-time pints can give!