• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World fifa champion uses ECFC logo.

Angus

Earlier on I was watching the Fifa 18 video game world cup final. Some young 16 year old lad ( donnavan Hunt ) beat 127 players around the world and went on stage in Barcelona to win the final. He uses the Exeter City Football club logo as his team profile. Pretty cool that. Fair play to him. Could be some good club recognition in years to come as he's expected to be a pretty big thing in the up and coming video game world.

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

I know that a number of top European teams are looking to exploit E-sports connections by actually signing FIFA players. My impression is that they don't totally know themselves what the benefits will be but they see some kind of potential there.

I'm not suggesting we do that (because from what i hear, the best players are on more than half our squad combined) but we probably ought to form some sort of connection there. even if we just send him a shirt and invite him to a game.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club have been in contact with him and it turned out he isn't actually a City fan. Not sure why he uses our badge but there you go.

He lives in Wolverhampton (according to the internet) but i think there's an open invitation for him to come down for a match.

Angus

There's certainly a market here that could be something that no other team in the world has. And that's a supporter who's the world best at a football video game. The lad is winning thousands and with the way video game tournament's are going, it's very soon to be a fully recognised multi million pound industry. We need to somehow butter the lad up with as you say, free shirts maybe a season ticket etc. Could be onto a right winner for publicity

Angus

The club have been in contact with him and it turned out he isn't actually a City fan. Not sure why he uses our badge but there you go.

He lives in Wolverhampton (according to the internet) but i think there's an open invitation for him to come down for a match.
Ah that shuts me up then �� he went to Wolverhamton college but was from Exeter

Grecian2K

Pop him over to Telford shortly....he'll get the chance to see both of his (Under 23) teams!!!

iscalad

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Well done to the lad, but crikey, that website seriously sucks.