• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sean McCarthy

ianaplincorners

Some interesting items for sale at Sportingold auctions included apparently his 2 year contract back in 2001 where he was offered £750 a week plus a further £50 appearance money, I suspect some of the players would be happy to ge that now!!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I first saw this thread title, my initial thought was that Tis had another ex Grecian lined up to replace Robbie Simpson!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
When I first saw this thread title, my initial thought was that Tis had another ex Grecian lined up to replace Robbie Simpson!
Too young and too slim....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought something rather sadder.

David Treharne

Some interesting items for sale at Sportingold auctions included apparently his 2 year contract back in 2001 where he was offered £750 a week plus a further £50 appearance money, I suspect some of the players would be happy to ge that now!!
This tells only part of the story. When the Trust took control we also found that part of the payment due to Wycombe had not been made. In comparison to the wages that were paid to the player that I sponsored during season 2002-2003 this is another indication of the profligacy of those running the Club at the time - either that or how desperate they were to avoid relegation.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
This tells only part of the story. When the Trust took control we also found that part of the payment due to Wycombe had not been made. In comparison to the wages that were paid to the player that I sponsored during season 2002-2003 this is another indication of the profligacy of those running the Club at the time - either that or how desperate they were to avoid relegation.
Wrong Sean, Dave!

David Treharne

Wrong Sean, Dave!
Yeah, sorry. You were talking about the fat one.

malcolms

I'd be interested to know how much of the Devine transfer wasn't paid David as I personally handed over a substantial part even though I was no longer a Director.

Oldsmobile-88

I'd be interested to know how much of the Devine transfer wasn't paid David as I personally handed over a substantial part even though I was no longer a Director.
What was the agreed transfer fee Malcs ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
£750 a week? Daylight robbery