Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean McCarthy

Re: Sean McCarthy

Devine wouldn't get up in the morning for that back then.
    Ex-Prem player McCarthy commanded descent wages 😃
    Last edited by Langer; 03 March 2018 at 14:23.

He was worth it for the two goals at Plainmore and the resultant somersault when he was lucky that his face broke his fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    What was the agreed transfer fee Malcs ?
    Wasn't it rumoured to be in the region of £75k at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    I'd be interested to know how much of the Devine transfer wasn't paid David as I personally handed over a substantial part even though I was no longer a Director.
    If you handed it over to direct to Wycombe all well and good Malcs, on the other hand if Pinky and Perky got hold of it, then the odds are that at least some of it ended up in Mrs Pinky's European property portfolio. Which of course is why Mr Pinky did a plea bargain with the CPS, to plead guilty in return for charges being dropped against Mrs Pinky, thereby preventing creditors taking recovery action. The CPS acting to save their time and cost, rather than see true justice being meted out !

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    If you handed it over to direct to Wycombe all well and good Malcs, on the other hand if Pinky and Perky got hold of it, then the odds are that at least some of it ended up in Mrs Pinky's European property portfolio. Which of course is why Mr Pinky did a plea bargain with the CPS, to plead guilty in return for charges being dropped against Mrs Pinky, thereby preventing creditors taking recovery action. The CPS acting to save their time and cost, rather than see true justice being meted out !
    Probably better not to rake over the details...Doesn't reflect particularly well to be honest.... Just as an aside, I believe the costs associated with the case against R & L was around 1 million and for me this was already a huge waste of public money...
    Last edited by malcolms; 03 March 2018 at 20:37.

Pondering the Post Cheeseassic Age as Lionel plays his organ

Probably better not to rake over the details...Doesn't reflect particularly well to be honest.... Just as an aside, I believe the costs associated with the case against R & L was around 1 million and for me this was already a huge waste of public money...
    So what would you have done with this pair of crooks Malcs ? Let ‘em off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    So what would you have done with this pair of crooks Malcs ? Let ‘em off ?
    Of course not, but do you really think spending a million on achieving virtually nothing, was worth it?

Pondering the Post Cheeseassic Age as Lionel plays his organ

Of course not, but do you really think spending a million on achieving virtually nothing, was worth it?
    Anything involving the legal system and paying lawyers is not value for money but I don’t think you or I will change any of that.

sean McCarthy must rank as the most unfit looking player ive ever seen play for us..

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    sean McCarthy must rank as the most unfit looking player ive ever seen play for us..
    Why on earth did we pay serious money for him when he was clearly overweight and unfit? The humiliation of him turnng out for us at Home Park and getting red carded in no time at all.

Who was the manager who thought signing him was a good idea?