Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 10am pitch inspection on Friday (Exeter vs Chesterfield)

Re: 10am pitch inspection on Friday (Exeter vs Chesterfield)

**Please remember that several people die shovelling snow every year. The effort involved combined with the cold can prove fatal.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 02 March 2018 at 09:15.

As an aside, I am hearing bad things from friends in Dawlish related to more sea wall damage, debris on the railway line, station flooded and possibly a train stuck in one of the tunnels between Dawlish and Teignmouth, not entirely sure of the accuracy though

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    As an aside, I am hearing bad things from friends in Dawlish related to more sea wall damage, debris on the railway line, station flooded and possibly a train stuck in one of the tunnels between Dawlish and Teignmouth, not entirely sure of the accuracy though
    Confirmed trains Exeter -N Abbott cancelled.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 02 March 2018 at 09:24.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    With temperatures rising above freezing later today and rain forecast overnight can't we remove the snow from the pitch today and then let it thaw out overnight.
    It will then Waterlog

Nobody wants to stand on the bank on a day like today or yesterday - you'll freeze to death

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    All the ice and snowed got cleared last time a game was in doubt , but as Olds and myself said before it wont be just down to snow it will be down to frozen pitch.
    The pitch covers were reported to protect from temperatures down to -5c so the pitch itself should be playable.

Agree with others the game will be called off for non playing reasons.

Snowing heavily in Crediton again

Far from wanting to be the harbinger of doom I really doubt that after the pitch inspection the game will be allowed to go ahead. There is lying snow, hardly any vehicular traffic on both OTR and Union Road ( a few 4 wheel drive vehicles ) and to compound the problem the temperature is still -1c. Factor in the wind and its considerably colder. It's also been trying to rain/snow/hail in the last few minutes. I would anticipate those needed to undertake the inspection might find it quite difficult to get to SJP if they're coming from outside Exeter. Thank goodness for cheerful posters like Credy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Yep. Reported here https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon...-storm-1285826

Quote Originally Posted by David Treharne View Post
    Far from wanting to be the harbinger of doom I really doubt that after the pitch inspection the game will be allowed to go ahead. There is lying snow, hardly any vehicular traffic on both OTR and Union Road ( a few 4 wheel drive vehicles ) and to compound the problem the temperature is still -1c. Factor in the wind and its considerably colder. It's also been trying to rain/snow/hail in the last few minutes. I would anticipate those needed to undertake the inspection might find it quite difficult to get to SJP if they're coming from outside Exeter. Thank goodness for cheerful posters like Credy.
    Wow good stuff David

13 minutes left!No doubt there will be added time to the decision. Will it be as controversial as VAR?