• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sausages

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The attack/critique on the meat industry on the Amuse thread has encouraged me to start this thread.

Recommendations, recipes etc all invited.

N.B. Vegetarian options permitted despite this particular sausage fancier viewing a vegetarian version as just wrong. Nor are we confined to the Great British Banger as we reach out post Brexit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Does anyone make their own?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
No bbq will ever be complete without Bratwurst, surely the konig of foreign bangers.

Alistair20000

I hope they do and that exciting recipes will be proffered (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I made sausage patties during the week. Does that count? Didn't do anything to the supermarket sausage meat though. Would be good to find a source for quality sausage meat.

Alistair20000

No bbq will ever be complete without Bratwurst, surely the konig of foreign bangers.
Maybe when dining with the Boxheads Billy but when in France this particular gastronaut assiduously seeks out the Toulouse sausage. Right up there with a Cumberland or Lincolnshire. (y)

I love sausages me.

Alistair20000

I made sausage patties during the week. Does that count? Didn't do anything to the supermarket sausage meat though. Would be good to find a source for quality sausage meat.
Yep, wide debate encouraged. (clap)

STURTZ

Britains Best banger a local pork and garlic sausage from Charles Harris butches, quite keen on Westaways Honey Roast mind.

IndoMike

Chorizooooooooooo

Alistair20000

Chorizooooooooooo
Is that the one made from donkey meat ?